Safe Standing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can’t wait for standing to come back. Hate having to sit.
After standing at Ibrox, I'm glad I have a seat at the Lane. Being a shortie, you can also guarantee that a six footer will be in front of me. It took a while to get used to sitting after years of standing on The Shelf, but I don't miss getting inside the ground as soon as it opened to stake my place at the front. I know it's different now, that you stand in a designated place, but that doesn't take away the height issue. Also now being a grand old age, I find it difficult to stand for long periods of time.
However, there should always be an area where people can stand safely, if they should wish to do so.

After standing at Ibrox, I'm glad I have a seat at the Lane. Being a shortie, you can also guarantee that a six footer will be in front of me. It took a while to get used to sitting after years of standing on The Shelf, but I don't miss getting inside the ground as soon as it opened to stake my place at the front. I know it's different now, that you stand in a designated place, but that doesn't take away the height issue. Also now being a grand old age, I find it difficult to stand for long periods of time.
However, there should always be an area where people can stand safely, if they should wish to do so.

Yeah my dad sits. Totally agree that there should be a place for both types of fan.

Personally I find it more tiering standing then sitting then standing when someone has to get through!

Back
Top Bottom