Scott Parker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wouldn’t quite go as far as conman but tail end AVB was dreadful - woeful football, no plan and terrible tactics. Didn’t even get fun meltdowns. Probably as bad as Mourinho’s final run of games too, maybe worse.
The crowd were sick to death with the awful sideways crab football. A good indication of what the atmosphere would have been if fans were in the stadium this season.

Decent player for us but he's no more Tottenham than he's Chelsea, West Ham, Newcastle or Fulham.
Yeah, but I doubt he would ever jump ship from us to another club (unlike Gerrard)

He also knows how Levy operates from his days as a player, and probably understands what would be expected of him before he walked in the door.

It's a tough one with Parker. Some of the Fulham games I've watched I can see what he wants to do, but I don't think he has the quality of players who can stand up to the Premier League standards, as most teams who come up experience.

I don't think he's ready, but Im also starting to prefer Parker to Graham for some reason, maybe just because I feel he would have a easier time with the club.

Then again, I was also hesitant about Pochettino coming in and ended up eating humble pie...quite gladly. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll happen again if Potter comes on.

Parker would be a similar appointment to Poch - a manger who's done OK with a very weak group of players whilst cutting his teeth in the EPL - to be fair to Parker that Fulham squad would be relegated with just about any manager in charge, only one player valued at over 20m. However that raises the question how would he cope with a squad where twelve players are valued at way over 20m that would be a whole new ball game.

If the club (and the fans) we're willing to run another five year plan, just as we did with Poch, then his appointment could make sense, but that won't happen because if like Poch in his first season he finished outside the top four with no trophies, we all know those on this site, the pundits and the media who would be screaming for his head.

I'm dead against another Bobby-Big-Balls named manager appointment, we do better when we have a manager who hasn't got an ego demanding it's done "my way" but instead understands that he needs to do it "the Tottenham way" ... Jol, Redknapp, Poch they got that and it worked.

I'd take Parker all day long over a Simeone, Allegri type appointment ... I just can't see it happening.

Been a funny old season.

Lots of boards have been relatively patient with their managers. Us included, Jose could have been sacked ages ago.
Parker still in a job, Wilder only sacked recently, Lampard only sacked recently. Seems only west brom sacking bilic happened at a time early in the season, but that doesn't seem like it'll pay off.

Probably due to covid,

Can see levy going for Parker if Fulham sack him.

He might make a decent manager in time but only Spurs could ever think about appointing someone on the verge of taking his current team down. It's so Spursy.

JJ (tier 1 itk) Said 'no' to him so I'll live in hope that's correct.

Would be a terrible uninspiring appointment. He's about to get relegated with a team that's not even that bad.

JJ (tier 1 itk) Said 'no' to him so I'll live in hope that's correct.

Would be a terrible uninspiring appointment. He's about to get relegated with a team that's not even that bad.
Lets be honest, we sacked the prick, got our hopes up that exciting good times were to come and since then Levy has done his absolute best to shit on our hopes.

The crowd were sick to death with the awful sideways crab football. A good indication of what the atmosphere would have been if fans were in the stadium this season.
Would have been far worse this season. One of my biggest disappointments in football is not being able to hound him out with some chanting and booing - triggering a touch line/ post match meltdown

Yet theres an amount of people crying out for potter who is only 1 place above

At least Potter's team play really good football. I'd take him over Parker every day of the week, although I have a lot of respect for Scott. In a more perfect world neither would be under consideration.

At least Potter's team play really good football. I'd take him over Parker every day of the week, although I have a lot of respect for Scott. In a more perfect world neither would be under consideration.
Parkers plays good football too. Same problem as potter. Goals.
Agree though. We're looking at managers who could possibly be 17th and 19th by end of day

Back
Top Bottom