Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wouldn't be too bothered about pundits singing our praises are not until we actually deliver something we won't get much if any credit .Good result yesterday but we have to follow it up and beat poo and then take it from there .

Last edited:
Wouldn't be too bothered about pundits singing or praises are not until we actually deliver something we won't get much if any credit .Good result yesterday but we have to follow it up and beat poo and then take it from there .

Agree on much of that.

Let's not lose to Liverpool would be how I view the next game.

There are now 7 or 8 teams, where it's right to have some context on any outcome.

I wasn’t impressed with Saka’s “banter” after the own goal, but to then do it again was just embarrassing. You’ve done it once, no need to repeat it. He’s the kind of bloke who would say the same joke every time you meet them, it wasn’t that funny in the first place mate.
I have a mate like that.Still telling the same jokes from 20 years ago.
He is a west ham fan...

Can’t help but think that was a missed opportunity

Great to get a point (and more importantly stop a 3 point swing)
, but with their injuries etc I can’t help but reflect as what if…. I think we can play much better than that tbh which is a good sign
We're so early into this new regime, that actually, the result itself is (almost) irrelevant!

The MANNER in which that point was achieved; IE: coming back from behind twice, shows a steely grit, and never-say-die attitude that surpasses any points gained or lost ..
I'd almost wager it was WORTH conceding the penalty, in ORDER to have the opportunity of hitting STRAIGHT back and cutting short their celebrations... that's gotta have hurt!

...more importantly, it sent a message, we're not to be messed with, and we won't lie down to anyone!

I've got no problem with the penalty. That is actually one of the clearest examples of what a hand ball pen should look like, Romero has his arm out and stops a goal bound shot from close, which could well have been a goal if it doesn't hit his hand, accidental or not, and regardless of it being close to him.
Agree, everyone is confounded by the vagueness of application of the rules, but this one was clearly defined (intentional or not, an Arm blocked a goal bound shot, as you say).

The Red card was pivotal, they were on the ropes (probably leading, psychologically, to him doing it). At Home you get Red there 99% of the time due to Crowd reaction creating impulse to review/act.

Even Ian Wright thought Nketiah should have been sent off. On first watch it was a straight red. (Gusto for Chelsea gets a red for basically the same challenge).

Also rightly or wrongly, if we are playing that game at home v them, I don’t think the penalty is given.
I think if (let's say) Richie had've committed the same atrocious foul on Raya yesterday, he'd have been off!

Definitely a home bias if the crowd is baying for a decision!

Screaming HANDBALL for the pen no doubt made the decision easier for the ref...

Likewise if the Nketiah foul had've been the other way around, they'd be baying for blood... and probably would've got it!

The Silence of the Gooners…
Sheep Eating GIF

What about ours?

Bentancur has been out since FEBRUARY... Gil and Lo Celso. are..... oh yeah, I see your point actually!!
We’ve been playing well without Benta.

We're so early into this new regime, that actually, the result itself is (almost) irrelevant!

The MANNER in which that point was achieved; IE: coming back from behind twice, shows a steely grit, and never-say-die attitude that surpasses any points gained or lost ..
I'd almost wager it was WORTH conceding the penalty, in ORDER to have the opportunity of hitting STRAIGHT back and cutting short their celebrations... that's gotta have hurt!

...more importantly, it sent a message, we're not to be messed with, and we won't lie down to anyone!
yeah fair. I think if Maddison and Son were fit and firing for the full 100 mins we would have won tbh

Back
Top Bottom