Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should have been upgraded on last summer instead of signing a cheap, ageing, similarly flawed player in Doherty.

And I don’t buy the argument that it would be hard to replace him.
Hakimi and Nelson Semedo are just two examples of right backs that were available last summer for very affordable prices that we should have been all over.
But no, we went for a cheap option which means it’s once again a position that we need a new player in when it should have been sewn up 12 months ago.

Just such inept management from top to bottom.

I am not sure 40m is a reasonable price. I wish it were for our club but I think Hakimi was way more than Levy was willing to pay.

Semedo has been a downgrade for Wolves this year, maybe he would have been a better fit with us but he has been bad this year.

Please please please say I've seen the last of him in a Spurs shirt.

Get him out the door first, swiftly followed by Sissoko and Sanchez and we have improved the squad already with no incomings.
Sissoko, Sanchez, and Aurier gone with no incoming means double the minutes for Winks, Dier, and Doherty. I'm really not sure that's "improvement"

I very much want them moved on (except maybe keeping Sanchez at a reduced role to try and sort him out, but happy just to move on as well), but they absolutely need to be replaced or we are weaker. Not just in depth, but also quality. Which is its own problem.

Yeah, of course you felt your groin Serge, and nothing to do with not wanting to get injured in case it messes up your move back to Paris. About sums his time up here.

Wasn't it supposed to be his hamstring not his groin?
I know he can't tell his arse from his elbow but really..

Sissoko, Sanchez, and Aurier gone with no incoming means double the minutes for Winks, Dier, and Doherty. I'm really not sure that's "improvement"

I very much want them moved on (except maybe keeping Sanchez at a reduced role to try and sort him out, but happy just to move on as well), but they absolutely need to be replaced or we are weaker. Not just in depth, but also quality. Which is its own problem.
Sissoko is replaced by Skipp.

Sanchez should be our 4th choice centre back and would be if Mason didn't hate Rodon. We need a new first team centre back but I wouldn't call that a Sanchez replacement.

Doherty is terrible too but hopefully Tanganga and even Foyth could do a job.

Ultimately we just need to move on from that core group of shitness that's been here since the Poch days. They are stale and have created a dressing room of losers. ITS TIME TO GO ROBBIE.

Start with these three muppets and then we can look at Dier, Winks, Davies and Dele next.

I am not sure why we wouldn't bring anyone in but as mentioned it isn't that hard to replace those guys.

Skipp replaces Sissoko, Tanganga can take Sanchez role at CB, we need a new RB whether Aurier is here or not. Doherty can handle the back-up/EL role, Tanganga can fill in at PL if starter is out.

So really those 3 out is fairly easily to replace.

Sissoko is replaced by Skipp.

Sanchez should be our 4th choice centre back and would be if Mason didn't hate Rodon. We need a new first team centre back but I wouldn't call that a Sanchez replacement.

Doherty is terrible too but hopefully Tanganga and even Foyth could do a job.

Ultimately we just need to move on from that core group of shitness that's been here since the Poch days. They are stale and have created a dressing room of losers. ITS TIME TO GO ROBBIE.

Start with these three muppets and then we can look at Dier, Winks, Davies and Dele next.
Definitely agree with moving them on. 100% on board with rebuild. The quality of Kane/Son/Hugo has covered up how average this squad is for a long time.

Pretty sure Mason said everyone was fit except Davies on Friday?
Perhaps I imagined that, but don't think he was injured for 1 moment. Hopefully we have seen the last of this clown.

Before we signed him I remember reading some articles which put serious doubts in my mind about this being the sort of character we would want in the dressing room.

He has played 110 games for us now which is quite enough as far as I'm concerned.
Really hope these links with PSG / Madrid are true.

When focused, in good health, he is a specimen athlete, but we are not in a place to keep our players fresh.

£12M would be a good recoup.

Back
Top Bottom