Son's Offside Goal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sky films at 50 frames per second, not 3.
If it was 3 the match would be unwatchable.

And no Allison did not handball it outside of the area, wasn't even close to it in the end. Yes VAR obviously looked at it, but was not tight at all, which is obviously why BT Sport did not show again.

As I said in my post I don't remember all the details, it must only be 3 frames to pass the ball so my point still stands.

You are a not a Spurs fan right?

But that is what their technology does, adjusts to take account of the camera angle. It is implemented properly. Just because YOU cannot have an angle that is directly in line for you to verify, does not mean the technology is incorrect, far from it.
I am sure if they have the technology they can spin the angle round and show it in line so everyone can judge it , showing all of the offsides at an angle causes debate and suspicion.

38695000-9206881-VAR_official_Mike_Dean_decided_that-a-30_1612089321808.jpg
The defender's ass is behind Ings' shoulder! Fucking crock of shite call!

As I said in my post I don't remember all the details, it must only be 3 frames to pass the ball so my point still stands.

You are a not a Spurs fan right?

Since a long time before you were born probably.
But I am also realistic to understand that there is no conspiracy theory against Spurs by VAR.
Referees are not against us, far from it, only difference is you believe and remember every slight incident that has ever not gone Spurs way in your view, and totally forget all the ones that have, and think every time an opponent looks at one of our players funny it should be a penalty and a sending off, and if our players punch an opponent it would just be a playful tap and not an offence.
In respect of VAR Tottenham gained the most net points of any team from VAR in the League last season (slightly subjective as we never know how many times linesman may have flagged if we didn't have VAR), and we have reached a Champions League Final due to it.
Yes I would like the offside law to be reviewed, but you coming up with meaningless and totally biased opinions, backed up with totally incorrect facts is not the correct starting point.

Last edited:
Since a long time before you were born probably.
But I am also realistic to understand that there is no conspiracy theory against Spurs by VAR.
Referees are not against us, far from it, only difference is you believe and remember every slight incident that has ever not gone Spurs way in your view, and totally forget all the ones that have, and think every time an opponent looks at one of our players funny it should be a penalty and a sending off, and if our players punch an opponent it would just be a playful tap and not an offence.
In respect of VAR Tottenham gained the most net points of any team from VAR in the League last season, and we have reached a Champions League Final due to it.
Yes I would like the offside law to be reviewed, but you coming up with meaningless and totally biased opinions, backed up with totally incorrect facts is not the correct starting point.

I never said referees were against us, nor do I start complaining about penalties routinely. I do believe there is a strong bias to certain teams (Man United being the main beneficiary), I never said they are against us. I have seen pictures where the ball looked outside of the box when Allison touched it, however I never stated this as a fact. I said I would like to have seen a replay to confirm either way as the picture I saw certainly raises doubts. I'm not even bitter about losing the game (which my post history will confirm) and we didn't deserve anything from the game, however there is clear inconsistencies with VAR. You are right that Spurs have benefited from strange VAR calls in our favour, that doesn't make VAR look any better.

I realise as the thread starter you are very proud and feel like you're standing on a big hill in front of all the townsfolk. You might even imagine that people look up to you and hang on your every word. Maybe you expect every subsequent post is responding to you and you alone, but... you might want to sit down for this... you're not, they're not and I wasn't talking to you. Sorry. Life is harsh.

I was just responding to a general sentiment and looking for positives and constructive criticism of the current state.

Tell you what, I'll change the first line.
Oh wow
It was neither
You're just a complete dick, my mistake. You carry on talking shite then.

Back
Top Bottom