Southampton (h) - Bounce Back Time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At least I can watch this game in a fairly relaxed state as nothing really at stake anymore. But will Dim Sherwood pick a team/formation any of us understands?

Southamptons form is a bit up and down, but they scored 4 in their last game with this team:
Southampton
  • 31 Boruc
  • 02 Clyne
  • 23 Shaw
  • 04 Schneiderlin
  • 06 Fonte
  • 05 Lovren
  • 16 Ward-Prowse
  • 08 Davis
  • 09 Rodriguez (Gallagher - 93' )
  • 10 Ramírez (Do Prado - 61' )
  • 20 Lallana (Lambert - 56' )
Substitutes
  • 03 Yoshida
  • 07 Lambert
  • 21 Do Prado
  • 22 Chambers
  • 25 Gazzaniga
  • 26 Hooiveld
  • 40 Gallagher
They were 3-0 up, Norwich got 2 in the late 80 something minutes, SCBC got a 4th in the 90th.
They are a good team, play a settled system and have quality players throughout, and despite something of a "meh" season should not be taken lightly (and are only 8 points behind us).
They do seem prone to a bit of a 'ding dong' match, You score - We score kind of thing and to be honest I think thats the best chance we have.

Hopefully we'll play better now that some of the pressure is off. Looking forward to see Chaldi,Rose,Bentaleb,Naughton,etc. carry on from today and continue to improve. Maybe might even see another Soldado goal or two haha

No idea on our injuries and such but hoping to see.

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
Dembele Bentaleb
Townsend Eriksen Chadli
Adebayor

No idea on our injuries and such but hoping to see.

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose
Dembele Bentaleb
Townsend Eriksen Chadli
Adebayor

Would take that team bit concerned about townsends form but other than not bad, must be close between naughton and walker for the rb spot.

In light of recent performances and injuries, i think we should line up like this:

[formation=4411, Lloris, Walker(or Naughton), Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose, Lennon, Sandro, Eriksen, Townsend, Chadli, Adebayor][/formation]

and fucking smash em. I want at least 5 goals. Every time Sandro wins the ball back, he gives it to Eriksen who either puts it on a plate for someone else, or just smashed it in. 5 goals ahead after 60 minutes, and Kane and Soldado come on.... For Townsend and Lennon. We go flat 4 up top. 8-1 spurs. (Danny Rose at fault for their goal. Vertonghen also fell over)

I'll probably get flamed for this, but how about....
[formation="41212, Crazy French Bastard, Naughton, Kaboul, Jan, Rose, Sandro, Lennon, Townsend, Eriksen, Soldado, Chadli"][/formation]

I'll probably get flamed for this, but how about....
[formation="41212, Crazy French Bastard, Naughton, Kaboul, Jan, Rose, Sandro, Lennon, Townsend, Eriksen, Soldado, Chadli"][/formation]

I like it, as long as you mean :llorishuh: this crazy French bastard and not this one
frenchman.jpg

Anyway, Soldado needs game time now the pressure is off, Chadli of course needs to start and having Townsend and Eriksen on is a must for them finding their best form again. So I like your team a lot.

I

Anyway, Soldado needs game time now the pressure is off, Chadli of course needs to start and having Townsend and Eriksen on is a must for them finding their best form again. So I like your team a lot.

Fuck soldado tbh, kane deserves to start ahead of him and ade deserves to start ahead of both.

3rd Choice Bobby.

Fuck soldado tbh, kane deserves to start ahead of him and ade deserves to start ahead of both.

3rd Choice Bobby.

I know Kane deserves it, you only need to look at my post in the Harry Kane thread for proof but Bobby needs the game time and I think it could be dangerous to throw Kane right into the mix.

Back
Top Bottom