Southampton Vs Tottenham - 28th Dec - 3pm KO (Live On Amazon Prime)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
There has been an awakening....

southampton.png

COYS!!
Dancing-Spurs.gif

One of my favourite away day's , hopefully goes ahead.
Gotta keep the good run going :contepray::contefists::contethumb:

Southampton beat Wham 3-2 away today, and don't seem to have any significant injuries or covid cases (although a handful out like a few clubs).

So we need a strong side prepared to start aggressively to seize control of the match. Hopefully they put a lot of effort into the Wham match and will run out of steam, whereas we had a fairly gentle canter against Palace - and that may prove to be a big help for us

Southampton beat Wham 3-2 away today, and don't seem to have any significant injuries or covid cases (although a handful out like a few clubs).

So we need a strong side prepared to start aggressively to seize control of the match. Hopefully they put a lot of effort into the Wham match and will run out of steam, whereas we had a fairly gentle canter against Palace - and that may prove to be a big help for us
Think you are half right but spam are on a downward spiral at the moment.
Agree we had an easy game today.

Think you are half right but spam are on a downward spiral at the moment.
Agree we had an easy game today.

Agreed Wham on a downward spiral but was still pleased we beat them the other day - and still surprised (and pleased) to see Southampton beat them away - was not a result I was expecting, so can only think Southampton put a lot of effort in to win

I wonder if Davies was benched today because Conte might use him at left-wing back for a minute, so Reg doesn't have to play every game whilst Sess is out injured. Just going on who played and who was subbed, I think he might rotate the wing-backs (bring in Davies and Doherty) and swap Skipp for Winks, and Bergwijn for Lucas. This is the toughest fixture we have in terms of recovery time, only two days. The rest of the fixtures in this run we have got, we have a little more time to recover between matches.

I wonder if Davies was benched today because Conte might use him at left-wing back for a minute, so Reg doesn't have to play every game whilst Sess is out injured. Just going on who played and who was subbed, I think he might rotate the wing-backs (bring in Davies and Doherty) and swap Skipp for Winks, and Bergwijn for Lucas. This is the toughest fixture we have in terms of recovery time, only two days. The rest of the fixtures in this run we have got, we have a little more time to recover between matches.

Fair assumptions

Thought the exact same

Agreed Wham on a downward spiral but was still pleased we beat them the other day - and still surprised (and pleased) to see Southampton beat them away - was not a result I was expecting, so can only think Southampton put a lot of effort in to win
Huge win for Southampton, they were bang in trouble and desperate for a win

Next game after Tuesday 15:00 is Saturday 15:00 Watford away.
I agree your "swaps" but think Davies will be LCB and maybe Gil as a sort of LWB.

That makes a lot of sense, hadn’t thought of it. Reggie is coming off a slight niggle too, don’t want him overplayed.

I think Southampton beating West Ham was the best thing for us. It was a back and forth game and they put in a big effort. Will be a tough recovery for them in two days and I don’t think they’ll be as hungry for a result coming off a big win away against a top 6 West Ham team.

Last edited:
Southampton will be a good test for us. Even though we've done well at home, we really need to pick up our form on the road if we're going to compete for top 4. I hadn't realised we've scored just 5 goals in 6 away games (only Norwich have scored fewer). We've played 10 home, 6 away.

I'm hoping to see signs we can create quality chances, and put in a good performance in an away match on Tuesday - will be a good sign that the improvement under Conte is more than just a new manager morale bounce.

Games coming thick and fast and I love it!

we tend to do well down at Southampton.

hopeful, at the min I feel like we can beat anyone, tough run coming so hoping for a win here and NYD vs Watford.

Southampton will be the first away Pl fixture in a while after fixtures against Burnley (snow), Leicester (their covid/injuries) and Brighton (their covid) were postponed.

A bit of a test

Wouldn't mind giving the Winks, Ndombele, Dele midfield another go. If it was good enough for Liverpool, why not these lot?

Lloris
Sanchez Dier Tanganga
Doherty ------------- Davies
Winks
Ndombele --- Dele
Kane -- Son
Wouldn't be surprised to see Bergjwin or Rodon get a start in there but I can't see Conte making 6/7 changes.
Would be nice if Gio felt like contributing at some point.

Wouldn't mind giving the Winks, Ndombele, Dele midfield another go. If it was good enough for Liverpool, why not these lot?

Lloris
Sanchez Dier Tanganga
Winks
Ndombele --- Dele
Kane -- Son
Wouldn't be surprised to see Bergjwin or Rodon get a start in there but I can't see Conte making 6/7 changes.

Wouldn't mind seeing that tbh

Lloris
Sanchez Dier Tanganga
Winks
Ndombele --- Dele
Kane -- Son

Too many changes for me - and the central midfield is too light for what is likely to be a tougher match than Palace, if only because its away.

Given Hojbjerg was given 10 minutes off today, I'd start him probably in place of Ndombele.

Back
Top Bottom