Spurs Chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great Argentine football song. Spurs fans get hold of it and sing about their Belgian players??? and then can only manage one verse........poor, very poor.
My version of course is far, far better

You’re just a franchise from Plumstead
Scum from south of the river
Jealous of the mighty Tottenham Hotspur
Failing to merge with Fulham

So you envied what we had, and you thought you’ll come our way,
Forgetting that we’ll be here everyday
Bribing everyone you could, Henry Norris is no good
The corruption of your past it's your DNA
You are being very ambitious with how well Spurs fans can handle complex songs.:walker:

You are being very ambitious with how well Spurs fans can handle complex songs.:walker:
100% agree.
Probably the best new song I've heard at The Lane was the Lewis Holtby one, we were/are the only club that choose that song who just went dodo Lewis Holtby, repeat, missed out two verses lol. The Christian Eriksen song is cringeworthy, it starts fine then by the time it gets to the 2nd line 30% of the fans have gotten the words, another 30% just mumble them, only to be joined together by everyone joining in with "he make bug eyes look shite".
I sing them all but let's face it we are fucking shit at new songs.
Whilst I'm on it who likes the new Poch one?

After he bagged another 2 goals this weekend, taking his tally to 24 and counting, it was about time we broke out the old Joan Jett & the Blackhearts classic, "I Love Rock & Roll!":

Stomp, stomp
Clap
Stomp, stomp
Clap

Come on everyone, get ready! You know how it goes...

Singing

"WE LOVE HARRY KANE!
AS HE SCORES ANOTHER GOAL FOR THE TOTTENHAM F.C.
WE LOVE HARRY KANE!
HE'S ONE OF OUR OWN & BETTER THAN HENRY!"

I'm sure many of you saw this video of the Argentina fans at the World Cup in 2014 (if you haven't, watch it - it's absolutely brilliant).

Well apparently my prayers have been answered as we've come up with our own version. Would absolutely love this to get going at WHL.

That's is absolutely brilliant video of the Argentina fans.... why can't we sign their version in support of Poch, Lemela and the great duo of Villa and Ozzie.....

P.S - probably need to understand what they are signing about but if that song kicks of at the lane..... no other club could beat it.... not even Leicester and their fucking clappý shite......

Singing
"WE LOVE HARRY KANE!
WE LOVE HARRY KANE!

seriously, just STOP IT NOW!
Campbell, John Terry, Wilshire, Ozil, Henry... FFS... which other clubs' songs mention that many of OUR players??

...unless you mean our very own RON HENRY...? In which case I take it all back, because yes, Harry is probably better than him at scoring goals, but only 'cos he was a right back!

After he bagged another 2 goals this weekend, taking his tally to 24 and counting, it was about time we broke out the old Joan Jett & the Blackhearts classic, "I Love Rock & Roll!":

Stomp, stomp
Clap
Stomp, stomp
Clap

Come on everyone, get ready! You know how it goes...

Singing

"WE LOVE HARRY KANE!
WE LOVE HARRY KANE!
Lennon and McCartney

That Argentina chant is based on their rivalry with Brazil etc... and sang to the tune of 'Blue Moon Rising'

Now with all that taken into consideration and IF and I mean IF we do finish above the gooners this year... here is my attempt at our version.

Woolwich tell us how it feels..
To see us finish above you...
And after all these years,
And the bad times we went through..

The Danny Rose volley.
Gazza's shot at Wembley,
And the 3-2 at the library....

Now we have Maurcio Pochettino,
He will bring back the glory,
With the two belgiums at the back, Kane and Ericksen too
and we also have Delli Alli......

Repeat......

seriously, just STOP IT NOW!
Campbell, John Terry, Wilshire, Ozil, Henry... FFS... which other clubs' songs mention that many of OUR players??

...unless you mean our very own RON HENRY...? In which case I take it all back, because yes, Harry is probably better than him at scoring goals, but only 'cos he was a right back!

Not sure why you've got an issue with saying Kane is better than Henry, or with us singing about Woolwich players being naff - they are our rivals and, with me living in area surrounded by Gooners telling me how great their players are constantly, I don't mind a bit of mockery whatsoever.

However, if it bothers people it's easily changed, lol.

"We love Harry Kane,
As he scores another goal for the Tottenham FC
We love Harry Kane
He's one of our own who we got for free"

Or

"We love Harry Kane,
We love Harry Kane
He's fucked Arsnal and he's fucked Chelsea"

Personally, I quite like the light-hearted banter of "better than Henry", but I can go with either the more fiscally embracing "got for free" or the considerably more hard-core "fuck Woolwich & Chelsea". I'm sure someone can think of something else too, it's a fairly easy rhyme after all.

Not sure why you've got an issue with saying Kane is better than Henry, or with us singing about Woolwich players being naff - they are our rivals and, with me living in area surrounded by Gooners telling me how great their players are constantly, I don't mind a bit of mockery whatsoever.
"We love Harry Kane,
We love Harry Kane

Personally, I quite like the light-hearted banter of "better than Henry", but I can go with either the more fiscally embracing "got for free" or the considerably more hard-core "fuck Woolwich & Chelsea". I'm sure someone can think of something else too, it's a fairly easy rhyme after all.

You just don't get it... the solution is worse than the original!
It's not that it bothers me as such (though it clearly does!) it just makes no sense to do it... there's no need!

I'm NOT saying we can't sing anti-songs against Arse or Chelsea (or whoever) ...and obviously, to do so, you have to mention their names! I get that, I really do. ...and i'm all for it!
...honestly, I'm not being some 'pseudo'-new fan who hates the hatred between the clubs... believe me, I'm not... I love the hatred, I fucking hte them with a venomous passion that knows no bounds... (and i'm hardly a new fan)

...I think of it more as this; their club, (Ares/Chelsea etc) ...their players, their fans... are poison... they're evil... they represent pretty much every bad/sad/frustrating football-related experience many of us have had in our lives... be it watching them parade a(nother) fucking trophy around, or clinching CL place at our expense (for a myriad of reasons) ...or just the weekly annoyance of having, (in the past) seen them do well...

...I associate some of those same players in those songs, who have been at the core of that frustration, with that... and I don't want to 'immortalise' their names by including them in songs about OUR players!

Don't get me wrong, (please don't)... I'm not saying we shouldn't be singing about our hatred of those players/clubs in songs DESIGNED and WORDED about that hatred, but not shoe-horn them into songs that are meant to laud and celebrate OUR PLAYERS!

...it's almost laughable to think that in years to come, songs about THE CLUB LEGEND THAT IS HARRY KANE, will always have Thierry Henry's name tagged on the end of it (if your song suggestion ever got going)...
it's bad enough that Ledley King is always going to be linked (albeit in song) with John fucking Terry!
I hate the fact that every time we sing about Christian Eriksen, we have to mention fucking Ozil... and now we're expected to do it with Delli Alli too??? no... sorry, i'm not having it!
Especially when he already has his own song, that only mentions his name! (actually, they are the only two words, so hey!)

Imagine if the original Chivers/Hoddle song (depending on your age) had been worded differently;

HODDLE... HODDLE... HODDLE... HODDLE...
BORN IS THE KING OF WHITE HART LANE...
AND HE IS BETTER THAN LIAM BRADY!!

...would've been shite wouldn't it?!!

...we never felt the need to do that back in the '70s/'80s (too busy kicking lumps out of them to bother including them in our songs perhaps....?)

I dunno... I almost feel like i'm the only one who has a dislike for this thing... but I genuinely feel strongly about it (and never thought I would... not while there are bigger problems in the world, eh?)

But small battles I suppose...

"We love Harry Kane,
We love Harry Kane
He's one of our own who we got for free"

Or

"We love Harry Kane,
We love Harry Kane

Referencing them is incredibly naff. Why even acknowledge Arse or other rivals players at all? If the best we can say about our players is that they're better than someone else, that's not much of a compliment.

Also, the club's name is not Tottenham FC. If you can't even get that right then you may as well give up now.

Years ago. When we were in Division 2 (the old one, thank god). I remember:

Tottenham, top of the league,
Tottenham Tottenham top of the league.

Would be nice to be able to sing that one again this season. Preferably around the 90 minute mark at St James Park.

From that same season, a very chilling "We are evil" to the tune of Yo Heave ho. I was at the FA home tie v Bolton where they got a late equaliser and the Shelf weren't too impressed. Sounded very threatening as we sang it at the away fans on the way out.

Glenn scored an absolute stunner just before to go 2-1 up. An unbelievable goal that you'll never see because it wasn't televised. Jimmy Armfield, who knows a thing or two about the game, said it was the most stunning goal he'd ever seen. To put that into context, this was 1978. His first match was in 1954, and he made over 600 appearances.

Referencing them is incredibly naff. Why even acknowledge Arse or other rivals players at all? If the best we can say about our players is that they're better than someone else, that's not much of a compliment.

Also, the club's name is not Tottenham FC. If you can't even get that right then you may as well give up now

Loads of our songs reference our rivals, what's wrong with that? Besides, as I said, it can be clearly altered so that it makes no mention whatsoever, but they're our rivals and I don't get what people have an issue with. Trust me, our rivals sing plenty about us, lol, I have to listen to the fookers enough.

Now I feel like I'm turning it into an issue, and it's only a fukking song. People take it so bloody seriously but, when you've had a few beers, we'll sing anything (far worse songs, lol)

Oh, what's wrong with Tottenham FC? Technically we're Tottenham Hotspur FC, obviously, but how can you say we're not F.C.? That is seriously nit-picking. Does it really matter? In my book we are absolutely THE Tottenham FC, there is no other.

Whatever, I ain't that bothered. Just don't call me naff, grrrr. Round my ends I'm surrounded by fukkin Gooners singing about how crap Spurs are constantly, now they're silent you think I ain't gonna respond with songs about how crap they are? That would be naff. Trust me, I'm milking it, and any song which mocks their heroes makes them squirm, which is great in my book.

Last edited:
You just don't get it... the solution is worse than the original!
It's not that it bothers me as such (though it clearly does!) it just makes no sense to do it... there's no need!

I'm NOT saying we can't sing anti-songs against Arse or Chelsea (or whoever) ...and obviously, to do so, you have to mention their names! I get that, I really do. ...and i'm all for it!
...honestly, I'm not being some 'pseudo'-new fan who hates the hatred between the clubs... believe me, I'm not... I love the hatred, I fucking hte them with a venomous passion that knows no bounds... (and i'm hardly a new fan)

...I think of it more as this; their club, (Ares/Chelsea etc) ...their players, their fans... are poison... they're evil... they represent pretty much every bad/sad/frustrating football-related experience many of us have had in our lives... be it watching them parade a(nother) fucking trophy around, or clinching CL place at our expense (for a myriad of reasons) ...or just the weekly annoyance of having, (in the past) seen them do well...

...I associate some of those same players in those songs, who have been at the core of that frustration, with that... and I don't want to 'immortalise' their names by including them in songs about OUR players!

Don't get me wrong, (please don't)... I'm not saying we shouldn't be singing about our hatred of those players/clubs in songs DESIGNED and WORDED about that hatred, but not shoe-horn them into songs that are meant to laud and celebrate OUR PLAYERS!

...it's almost laughable to think that in years to come, songs about THE CLUB LEGEND THAT IS HARRY KANE, will always have Thierry Henry's name tagged on the end of it (if your song suggestion ever got going)...
it's bad enough that Ledley King is always going to be linked (albeit in song) with John fucking Terry!
I hate the fact that every time we sing about Christian Eriksen, we have to mention fucking Ozil... and now we're expected to do it with Delli Alli too??? no... sorry, i'm not having it!
Especially when he already has his own song, that only mentions his name! (actually, they are the only two words, so hey!)

Imagine if the original Chivers/Hoddle song (depending on your age) had been worded differently;

BORN IS THE KING OF WHITE HART LANE...
AND HE IS BETTER THAN LIAM BRADY!!

...would've been shite wouldn't it?!!

...we never felt the need to do that back in the '70s/'80s (too busy kicking lumps out of them to bother including them in our songs perhaps....?)

I dunno... I almost feel like i'm the only one who has a dislike for this thing... but I genuinely feel strongly about it (and never thought I would... not while there are bigger problems in the world, eh?)

But small battles I suppose...

Well then I guess we'll go with "he's 1 of our own who we got for free", lol.

I hear where you're coming from, I do, and I ain't that fussed, but songs are as much about supporting our players as they are about mocking our rivals.

It could be true we didn't do it back in the 80's, although I'm sure we did I just don't remember much from back then!! We no doubt did it less. It's definitely a more modern reflection on the game - the amount spent on transfers and the superstar status of players makes them targets more now than ever - but to suggest we're the only ones doing it is just not true. Chelsea have their Willian song, West Ham sing about Payet being better than Zidane as do Woolwich with Ozil and they used to sing that song about us selling Bale whilst they got Ozil too, which wound me up no end a)because we sold Bale and b) because I used to love that Inspiral Carpets song, lol. That's just off the top of my head, and I don't know half their songs but I get them sung in my lughole at work plenty, so I quite like having some ammo to sing back.

Bring back the old songs for our last season at the lane , would be good singing stuff from years gone by like 'the whistle blows the cockerel crows' than everywhere we go every 2 minutes

Back
Top Bottom