Spurs Chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trying to think of the latest or newest Spurs chant that's caught on. I think there hasn't been one for 3 or maybe 4 seasons now. I can only think of ONE!!!!:
Watching Tottenham on Wednesday Night
He's Magic You Know (no longer sung for obvious reasons)

This is a tragic state of affairs.

Trying to think of the latest or newest Spurs chant that's caught on. I think there hasn't been one for 3 or maybe 4 seasons now. I can only think of ONE!!!!:

RE: Levy

(Go West)

Fuck off, you tight bald cunt

The simplest ones are the best!

:levyeyes:

You get a few new ones in the pubs but they rarely make it to the stands. 1882 was good for that but sadly that went by the wayside.

You get a few new ones in the pubs but they rarely make it to the stands. 1882 was good for that but sadly that went by the wayside.
100%

Lucas had a chant that everyone sang post-Ajax game, I've NEVER heard it since.
There were 3 or 4 other new ones made for the CL Final, never to be heard.

"Nice one Sonny" I haven't heard for at least two years.

It's pathetic.

Absolutely ...and to make it worse, 'We've got Alli', with it's out-of-date reference to Ozil, is still popular.

What's needed is an official Chant Leader. Adele? Jessie J? Michael McIntyre?

Was thinking this the other night watching the Dippers B team.... They even have a song for Minamino ffs!

We've really slacked off over the years.

I'm sure some will argue that we have a lot of new players and that too many haven't excelled, but songs never used to be reserved only for our best players.

- No song for Lloris is criminal.
- Son deserves his name sung regularly; be that "nice one" or something new.
- Lucas Moura fits the old Depeche Mode/Lewis Holtby riff..... Perhaps rehash a few others.
- Na na na nah, hey hey hey.... Reg-uil-lon.
- Gio-vanni Lo-Celso fits 'Living La Vida Loca' perfectly.
- LaBamba also fits Lo Ceslo.

Let's face it; making our current crop feel like they belong wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
Every song at every ground now seems to follow the "Sloop John B" format

Sing the first line
Now sing it again
Amusing third line
Repeat the first line

Shite
We used to have a good one along those lines for an Woolwich player, can’t quite remember it

"I wanna know why in god's name you thought you could backheel a ball at head-height in our area"

Not sure we can get it to scan but it's worth a go...

Perhaps chatted to the tune of Sun-Ra or similar; it might work a little better.

Last edited:

There's Royal on the starboard bow, starboard bow, starboard bow..

It's Dier, Jim, but not as we know him, not as we know him, not as we know him..

It's worse than that it's Sanchez, Sanchez, Sanchez

Son comes in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill

This thread just made me think of a game at the lane, probably about 15 years ago now when we qualified for europe for the first time in ages (and were delighted to be in the UEFA cup!).

Anyway... it was last game of the season. Sun was out, summer on the way. No pressure. Good atmosphere and in the last about 10 minutes of the game - I'm convinced EVERY player got a song from the Park Lane.

I'd love for that to happen again.

This thread just made me think of a game at the lane, probably about 15 years ago now when we qualified for europe for the first time in ages (and were delighted to be in the UEFA cup!).

I can remember exactly how good that felt.

It's ludicrous that, despite where we've been since, that some insist that the last 20 years have been a complete failure.

The lack of singing coincides with the lack of entertaining football we've seen since 2018/19 and 19 onwards especially.

Convenient excuse.

When the team was utter shit the crowd took it upon themselves to entertain themselves by singing and bantering the oppo.

.......Or do you think classic songs about Freund, Berti & such came to be because they were amazing players and the football was primo?

Back
Top Bottom