Spurs Financials 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely nobody in their right mind would buy the club without the stadium
Look at West Ham, they still Make a profit and lease there soulless excuse of a stadium, imagine if they sold the club with a lifetime lease of £5 million per year? I’m just pulling figures out of thin air but West Ham have proven you don’t need to own a stadium to be in the PL

If having a bunch of concerts and events in your stadium was all rainbows and sunshine, happiness and free cash, you don't think other clubs and arenas would be doing it?

Doubt the anchor tenant of the great entertainment complex will be the ones reaping the financial benefits of the Gaga events anyhow... it's a nice safety net that allowed us to spend big on a new stadium - but that is how we will benefit. The extras will go into our owners pockets - they spent a shit ton of money on top of what the club spent to build the hotel et al and they will want a return on that investment.

It's good for us, but doubt we should expect millions of extra cash from tertiary income sources that aren't ever going into our accounts.

If having a bunch of concerts and events in your stadium was all rainbows and sunshine, happiness and free cash, you don't think other clubs and arenas would be doing it?

They do.....as much as their facilities and demand allow

Literally the entire point of our dual purpose pitch is to allow us to hold as many events as we want without fucking the playing surface (see Wembley after NFL)

Doubt the anchor tenant of the great entertainment complex will be the ones reaping the financial benefits of the Gaga events anyhow... it's a nice safety net that allowed us to spend big on a new stadium - but that is how we will benefit. The extras will go into our owners pockets - they spent a shit ton of money on top of what the club spent to build the hotel et al and they will want a return on that investment.

It's good for us, but doubt we should expect millions of extra cash from tertiary income sources that aren't ever going into our accounts.

All the new stadiums in london do. Olympic stadium, the emirates and Wembley all put on alternative functions to football. It’s pretty well publicised. Our stadium is the newest and meant to be the best. What do you want it to do, sit empty and not do anything.

I would be more than happy if the money from all the extra shows and sports was put into the local area and improving that. But there is as much likelihood of that happening as ENIC trouser it the cash. Harry Hotspur might insist the opposite but it makes no sense for the money from extra events not to be put back into the club to pay for this or that. With a proportion of it going to help the locals perhaps. As always, check the accounts, it will be in there.

I will be very happy to be proved wrong, but i just cant see the extra money the stadium makes in the future being invested in the squad, I think the long term goal for Enic is to sell the club and then lease the stadium out to the new owners, doing so they make a fortune on selling us, and then they earn all the extra cash the stadium makes from these extra events. I have no evidence to back this up its just my opinion, but they are an investment company, at the end of the day they are here to make cash.
Taking the stadium out of the deal reduces the club's value by 50%. I'm sure ENIC would rather take the billion than be stadium owners.

ENIC have bought up loads of land for development locally. I think but am not entirely sure that this is held in separate companies outside the club. They will expect to make money on the property development and whilst the club is in their ownership they will not see any objections from the largest employer in the area. Sell the club and there are risks that the club's new owners could raise objections. The club's potential earnings due to lack of events taking place substantially reduces the value of the club. Therefore unless the ENIC empire is in trouble and needs money urgently I think there is no likelihood of ENIC selling.

Entirely agree with this - people are always saying "Enic have taken the profits" etc

Unless you think they are fraudulently reporting the annual accounts then the figures are right there every year

Chuck the "read the accounts" line at them and they never come back with a response. They're probably too thick to understand them!

If we are sat on hundred of millions of pounds worth of profits (we are sat on a large chunk of cash but I think it is part of the debt agreement to have it available) and they aren't being spent then they deserve to be held accountable. Hold them accountable for running the club badly if that is a person's view but they aren't running the finance side badly as is evident.

Taking the stadium out of the deal reduces the club's value by 50%. I'm sure ENIC would rather take the billion than be stadium owners.
How much could the stadium make though? If they lease it to us and a NFL team and have all the income from the events then they would still make a huge profit on there initial investment and get a tidy return each year for the foreseeable?

Entirely agree with this - people are always saying "Enic have taken the profits" etc

Unless you think they are fraudulently reporting the annual accounts then the figures are right there every year
People aren't always saying that though, are they. What they say is what thet see.

ENIC prioritise fattening up the value of their asset over any meaningful investment in the football team.

Our CEO draws an astranomical salary from the club which dwarfs most of his Premier League counterparts

Our owners have inreased their wealth off the back of THFC while winning fuck all where it matters for 20 years.

They have openly said they are only involved in football to milk it's popularity and maximise their revenue streams.

You may not have any problems with this. Fine. But surely you must understand why it doesn't sit comfortable with many others?

People aren't always saying that though, are they. What they say is what thet see.

ENIC prioritise fattening up the value of their asset over any meaningful investment in the football team.

Our CEO draws an astranomical salary from the club which dwarfs most of his Premier League counterparts

Our owners have inreased their wealth off the back of THFC while winning fuck all where it matters for 20 years.

They have openly said they are only involved in football to milk it's popularity and maximise their revenue streams.

You may not have any problems with this. Fine. But surely you must understand why it doesn't sit comfortable with many others?

John, we all talk enough bollocks on here ourselves (not one brick, etc) - not sure its wise for you to take ownership of everything that is said anti-Levy by others

Interesting thread on distribution of TV rights, including the 'rebate' of £330 from covid (distributed over future years), reduction of UK TV income but increase in overseas income

Just click on link to read it all

Interesting thread on distribution of TV rights, including the 'rebate' of £330 from covid (distributed over future years), reduction of UK TV income but increase in overseas income

Just click on link to read it all

Given the season was played out in full in the end, and they actually got to show loads more live games, I'm not sure why there was a rebate??

Given the season was played out in full in the end, and they actually got to show loads more live games, I'm not sure why there was a rebate??

Agree with you but PL seem to have accepted a rebate is due so must be something in it.

Can only assume there were other factors in original contract creatimg the rebate - maybe a restriction on other broadcasters being able to broadcast PL games over and above original 'packages of PL games sold ?

How much could the stadium make though? If they lease it to us and a NFL team and have all the income from the events then they would still make a huge profit on there initial investment and get a tidy return each year for the foreseeable?
Seems outside of what ENIC would want to do as a business, but I'll admit it could happen, it would just significantly reduce the amount of potential buyers because the stadium is a huge asset for the club.

Back
Top Bottom