Spurs Squad 19/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gedson makes 17 for EPL but one/two non-HG has to be removed from our ECL squad to accommodate Fernandes/Vorm.
Unlikely that Georgiou will feature so 2 HG slots still potentially available.

EPLECL
NON-HG (17)NON-HG (19)**
LLORISLLORIS
GAZZANIGAGAZZANIGA
VORMVORM***
ALDERWEIRELDALDERWEIRELD
VERTONGHENVERTONGHEN
SANCHEZSANCHEZ
DIERDIER
SISSOKOSISSOKO
NDOMBELENDOMBELE
LAMELALAMELA
LO CELSOLO CELSO
MOURAMOURA
SONSON
GEDSONGEDSON**
DAVIES
PARROTT
WANYAMAWANYAMA
ERIKSENERIKSEN
AURIERAURIER
HG (7)ASSOCIATION (2)
DAVIESSESSEGNON
ALLIALLI
CLUB TRAINED (4)
KWPKWP
WINKSWINKS
KANEKANE
GEORGIOU***
ROSEROSE
SQUAD TOTAL: 24SQUAD TOTAL: 25

I think that Sissoko will not be included in the CL squad - as he's not back until April he could probably only play in semi final and final - to allow Gedson to be included.

Enough room in PL squad for Gedson as Davies counted as HG and Parrott as u21, still within the 17 overseas trained player limit.

Hopefully a deal being done to sell Wanyama or ano to allow a striker to join - only a few HG strikers around we'd want (eg Dembele at Lyon - ex Fulham - but Aulas said he's not going).

I was thinking about Sissoko as well. It could be that (despite not playing him much) JM still has Wanyama as a back up?
But for me ideally we sell Aurier, Wanyama and Eriksen.
My heart is not set on a particular RB replacement but I really would like Aurier to leave. Wanyama has not impressed me for a while now.
Eriksen I would like to keep but realistically the club must seek a fee and a January exit.

I was thinking about Sissoko as well. It could be that (despite not playing him much) JM still has Wanyama as a back up?
But for me ideally we sell Aurier, Wanyama and Eriksen.
My heart is not set on a particular RB replacement but I really would like Aurier to leave. Wanyama has not impressed me for a while now.
Eriksen I would like to keep but realistically the club must seek a fee and a January exit.

Yup we could drop Wanyama from CL squad and include him in the PL squad (in effect same reasons, Davies counted as HG under PL rules, Parrott u21 under PL rules) to create an extra overseas trained player place in CL squad - presumably to accommodate a striker. But that's the last opportunity to play that game.

Better to sell an overseas trained player though.

Certainly like to sell Aurier, and loved the Pereira (Leicester) @ £30m rumours, although they seemed far fetched. Had wondered after last night whether Mourhino would contemplate buying Spence (Boro) and use him and Tanganga as our RB's but that might be a bit too risky.

If we sell Eriksen (and obviously if we get a decent fee it makes sense) but I think we need an extra body in the squad if we do - so unless we are happy to bring in someone like Eze (great prospect but might take time to bridge gap to PL quality players) we wont alter the overseas trained/HG balance.

Ignoring the academy here's all the contract expiry dates:

ERIKSEN Christian2020
VERTONGHEN Jan2020
VORM2020
DIER Eric2021
ROSE Danny2021
WANYAMA Victor2021

All the other senior players have contracts until at least 2022.

One constraint on players in the squad has never troubled Spurs in the past - the number of loanees we have in the squad.

Maximum number of loanees we can have at one time is two (and no more than one from any one club). So unless we convert Lo Celso's loan to a permanent,with Gedson Fernandes signed on loan today, we cannot take any more players on loan.

Although we haven't seen a lot of Lo Celso think we've seen enough to pay the fee to make him permanent - then allows another low risk loan player to join us.

One constraint on players in the squad has never troubled Spurs in the past - the number of loanees we have in the squad.

Maximum number of loanees we can have at one time is two (and no more than one from any one club). So unless we convert Lo Celso's loan to a permanent,with Gedson Fernandes signed on loan today, we cannot take any more players on loan.

Although we haven't seen a lot of Lo Celso think we've seen enough to pay the fee to make him permanent - then allows another low risk loan player to join us.
Two only applies to UK loans, we can take upto four overseas loans.

I think that Sissoko will not be included in the CL squad - as he's not back until April he could probably only play in semi final and final - to allow Gedson to be included.

Enough room in PL squad for Gedson as Davies counted as HG and Parrott as u21, still within the 17 overseas trained player limit.

Hopefully a deal being done to sell Wanyama or ano to allow a striker to join - only a few HG strikers around we'd want (eg Dembele at Lyon - ex Fulham - but Aulas said he's not going).

Davies is not considered HG in Europe.

So how it's looking going into the tail end of the 2019/2020 season I wonder how many will make the summer cull:

Lloris
Gazzaniga

Vorm
Aurier
Walker-Peters
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Sanchez
Foyth
Tanganga
Rose
Cirkin
Davies
Dier

Wanyama
Winks
Skipp
Gedson Fernandes
Ndombele
Sissoko
Lo Celso

Eriksen
Dele
Son
Lucas Moura
Sessegnon
Lamela
Clarke
Kane
Parrott

I make it 8 potentially that have no future at the club under Mourinho. I like Foyth but I'm reading between the lines on that one. Potential loans for Cirkin, Skipp, Clarke & Parrott probably needed, the same perhaps with Tanganga as he's still only new into the first XI but I fancy he'll not be one out for a loan.

Some up for debate (Aurier, Vertonghen etc) but honestly I think I'd probably shift them for the much needed new blood in those positions.

2 years ago nobody on here, except me and a few others rated Henderson.

Now he is a 100 miles ahead of anything we have in terms of his impact on games.

Simply and without getting emotionally hooked up on it, contrast that with our midfielders.

If Mourinho can do anything I hope he is able to develop and sustain improvement in some players.

Sick to death of seeing players to backwards

So how it's looking going into the tail end of the 2019/2020 season I wonder how many will make the summer cull:

Lloris
Gazzaniga

Vorm
Aurier
Walker-Peters
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Sanchez
Foyth
Tanganga
Rose
Cirkin
Davies
Dier

Wanyama
Winks
Skipp
Gedson Fernandes
Ndombele
Sissoko
Lo Celso

Eriksen
Dele
Son
Lucas Moura
Sessegnon
Lamela
Clarke
Kane
Parrott

I make it 8 potentially that have no future at the club under Mourinho. I like Foyth but I'm reading between the lines on that one. Potential loans for Cirkin, Skipp, Clarke & Parrott probably needed, the same perhaps with Tanganga as he's still only new into the first XI but I fancy he'll not be one out for a loan.

Some up for debate (Aurier, Vertonghen etc) but honestly I think I'd probably shift them for the much needed new blood in those positions.

Got a feeling Aurier will stay as back up at least.

So that is Striker, DM and RB required. I’d also imagine Lamela could be sold if there is anyone up for it.

Here are the updated squads assuming Eriksen is leaving and Vorm is not included in the ECL squad
(Gedson is U21 for EPL but not ECL.)
Maximum 17 non-HG allowed so we need to remove 1 non-HG if we wish to add to the ECL squad.

EPLECL
NON-HG (15)NON-HG (17)
1LLORISLLORIS1
2GAZZANIGAGAZZANIGA2
3VORM
4AURIERAURIER3
5ALDERWEIRELDALDERWEIRELD4
6VERTONGHENVERTONGHEN5
7SANCHEZSANCHEZ6
8DIERDIER7
9SISSOKOSISSOKO8
10NDOMBELENDOMBELE9
11LAMELALAMELA10
12LO CELSOLO CELSO11
13MOURAMOURA12
14SONSON13
GEDSON14
DAVIES15
PARROTT16
15WANYAMAWANYAMA17
HG (7)ASSOCIATION (2)
DAVIESSESSEGNON
ALLIALLI
CLUB TRAINED (4)
KWPKWP
WINKSWINKS
KANEKANE
GEORGIOU
ROSEROSE
SQUAD TOTAL: 22SQUAD TOTAL: 23

Remove Parrott and/or Wanyama

No way either of those will play in the latter stages of the CL

UEFA rules
45.01 As of the round of 16, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 3 February 2020 (24.00CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

Why no announcement?

UEFA list updated to have 17 overseas players, but Vorm included as 3rd GK and Wanyama excluded, but Parrott excluded too !

Sissoko included although injured and not due back until April, who might have been possible to drop on that basis to include Parrott who we might want to play before April ! A real surprise Parrott not included, and he does not qualify this season as a List B u21.

Youngsters included on List B are Whiteman, Austin (although on loan), Tanganga, Eyoma (on loan) Bowen and White (plus of course Skipp) - other youngsters can be added up to 24 hours before a tie.

Back
Top Bottom