Spurs v Liverpool, 15th September, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we need a tactics overhaul. Poch has his game plan and we know that he prefers to use it in every game if he can. And a downside to him having been here this long is that the other teams in the league have grown accustomed to it. They know how to counteract us now. We need to adapt as a result. Maybe adopt a more cynical and smarter type of tactics. Atletico, Barcelona and PSG have proven that you can play a cynical style of football but still make it entertaining.

A drink lloris would have caught that. Eriksen for me has been poor. I'd put wanyama for winks and sonny for eriksen. Get lucus and sonny both wide and running at the defence and set Kane up. Long balls to lucus are not going to work. He will never win them. Not his fault. Just a shit idea . Make subs early poch!!!

Not enough aggression and way too much sloppiness. Liverpool should be miles ahead to be honest we gifted them so many chances, basically all the chances they had. If they were any good it'd be game over by now. We are lucky to be in it still but need to cut that shit out. I hope we see Lamela soon but expect it'll be late late on, if at all.

The winks hate is unbelievable. Been the best of the CMs and is the only one that is comfortable playing one touch ball.

Eriksen Winks Dembele
Son Kane Lucas

I thought the same.

It's just a shame Winks has been playing outwide for half the game so far.

Dier against the fastest team in the league is just stupid honestly. Looks way off the pace, unsurprisingly. Kane barely had a touch, Eriksen struggling badly. Need to have a big tactical overhaul at half time to salvage anything here.

I wonder is Lucas is a problem for Poch. He knows he has to start him, but it doesn't suit the tactics Poch wants to play so he gets shoe horned in.

Son - Eriksen - Moura behind Kane with Lamela and Dembele behind them

Liverpool are a team that relies on reputation/fear from other teams. Once they met a decent, non-English team that doesn't get told Liverpool are gods gift to football they got exposed.

Treat Liverpool like the team with a point to prove. That would be my advice. The pressure should be on them, not us. They're the title contenders, remember? Make them nervous. Do that and they'll fold like a scouse business.

Can we stop all the melting, dier and Kane have been shit and we have to stop the long balls, other than that it hasn't been a terrible performance, with an bit of tweaking and a substitution for dier we can get back into this

Back
Top Bottom