Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your logic doesn’t hold up. He made a defensive sub with Reg but that didn’t lead to a corner, they had loads of corners before the sub was made.
Having an extra defender should have helped avoid concede from a corner.
We lost control of the game because we no longer had any outlets with which to counter/score/push back their defensive players.

If you have more players forward, theirs will be forced to follow. Keep every deep and you allow the opposition to push forward more players. It's really simple.

Aurier was not outstanding. Liverpool targeted him and got their reward.
He gave away the FK for the CP goal and he gave away the corner that led to the goal tonight.
He makes mistakes.
Aurier was up against Mane and Robertson. Probably the best combination in world football.

He was outstanding.

Big picture: Leicester this weekend finishes off an incredibly testing run of matches and we've done unbelievably well overall. Even with these two recent disappointments, we could easily have won them on another day. So yes it's heartbroking tonight, but overall the plan is working and we should only get increasingly cohesive going forward.
I agree, but what happened is more important than what could or should have happened. We gave up a 3 point lead to Liverpool.

He says that now that we've lost. When he put Reguilon on it was clear he was playing for the draw.

Same shit against Palace last week.

We could have won this game, but that doesn't happen if you essentially give up by removing 30% of your offense in the final minutes at 1-1.
It was clear that Bergwijn was knackered. You need to cover the flanks. What change would you have made?

In hindsight the sub should have been Rodon. We couldn't retain possession anyway so why not chuck on a tall CB who can clear the ball?

Maybe blaming Jose was a bit premature from me , after all it’s down to him we are even thinking about winning the league, I just think we could have tested them more today , so frustrating as I hate that kloppety cunt! We was so close to winning today, they really are our bogie team at Anfield !

Back
Top Bottom