Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok, just had time to calm myself down from
the result.
Definetely the worst performance since Everton. Aurier and Sissoko definetely fucked up, but this was on José as well. Terrible setup.
Kane was dreadful. There were 2 occasions where Kane 3 weeks ago would've shot with his left foot, today he tried passing it to Son, who also was not good today.
We were also very unlucky with the GLC Ndombele situation, where one got injured when we had just subbed the other, leaving us completely toothless in midfield, and it showed a lot.
I love Lucas, most likely will name my kid after him because of that one game, but he's not first team quality, and never will be.
All in all, this loss hurt us, badly, but the season is long, so let's see where we are in the end of january, after we've played Liverpool again.
Onwards and upwards. Come on you fucking Spurs, I love you when we win, I get reminded how much I love you when we lose.

Who's watching Match of the Day then?

Awkward Peace Out GIF by swerk

the result.
Definetely the worst performance since Everton. Aurier and Sissoko definetely fucked up, but this was on José as well. Terrible setup.
Kane was dreadful. There were 2 occasions where Kane 3 weeks ago would've shot with his left foot, today he tried passing it to Son, who also was not good today.
We were also very unlucky with the GLC Ndombele situation, where one got injured when we had just subbed the other, leaving us completely toothless in midfield, and it showed a lot.
I love Lucas, most likely will name my kid after him because of that one game, but he's not first team quality, and never will be.
All in all, this loss hurt us, badly, but the season is long, so let's see where we are in the end of january, after we've played Liverpool again.
Onwards and upwards. Come on you fucking Spurs, I love you when we win, I get reminded how much I love you when we lose.
No one is talking about the match any more but good for trying.
I must say, it is thoroughly entertaining.

Dafuq. I assume you are grown man, yet you get offended when someone disagrees with you 🤦‍♂️
And then act out on that... And call someone else small. Voting button can mean literally that - that I either agree or don't agree with you. Without requiring comment on it.
He’s pissed again mate

You’re wasting your breath

the result.
Mourinho had a fuckin mare out there today ... no other way to dress it up

Not in my book.
He gave away the corner Firminoo scored the winner. That's only just from what I remember. Hey if don't see the problem with him that's fine by me. Usually a boat load of people don't see what I see.
Looks like you dont see much anyway if, by your own admission, you only remember a corner someone gives away.

We gave away corners today as well. And we won corners today. Most corners dont result in goals.

the result.
Nice post. Forgot I was still on the match thread too but you brought us back. Bravo!

I'm afraid us Brits are different mate.

It's not in our DNA to change clubs. Many of us go back with Spurs for generations.
What we do is come on to forums and let off some steam. Blame the manager. Blame the players. Call out the owners.
Then calm down a bit before the next match ready to start all over again.

Is football
I know, JT. I guess I was just trying to make a bit of a funny.
You blokes have been at this proper football much longer than I, I'm only about 10 years in. But my Yank sports allegiances are completely generational. And my teams, including Spurs, are inked all over my body. I couldnt change if I wanted to, and I've never wanted to. I suffered for decades through my youth, but when the Chicago Bears, Chicago White Sox, and Chicago Blackhawks finally won it all, I was able to celebrate so much more than the bandwagon jumpers that I despise to the point I refuse to recognize them. Suffering leads to that much more satisfaction and elation. As it will with my beloved Spurs.*

*But I'm getting old, might I ask they pick up the pace a bit...

I'm fine with counter-attacking football, but there has to be real teeth in the counter-attack for it to work. Today there wasn't--all we managed were a few half chances. Mourinho needs to make the appropriate adjustments, and I think that's going to need to mean grabbing more possession than we have been.

Dafuq. I assume you are grown man, yet you get offended when someone disagrees with you 🤦‍♂️
And then act out on that... And call someone else small. Voting button can mean literally that - that I either agree or don't agree with you. Without requiring comment on it.
I’m not offended Chico. I just wanted to hear your considered reasoning. And ‘dafuq’? I don’t know what to say. What kind of internet bullshit is that?

Back
Top Bottom