Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not follow the youngins too much.

Did we go on a scouting trip to Cyprus or something?

There is a large Cypriot community in London,( most of the youngsters born here) even have their own amateur football club..

Andros Townsend the first Cypriot ( or half Cypriot ?) I can recall at Spurs but we do have several at youth level atm as you may have seen earlier

Usual rubbish being trotted out about Edwards. But rumours suggest he's no longer training with Brentford and that they aren't convinced by his fitness. I'd imagine that if they weren't convinced with his fitness they might want to put him through a pre-season regime, but what do i know?

What's being trotted out Windy?

I went to the DH game yesterday. TOB was the best player on the pitch but he did not impress me much. Played the easy pass all the time and was on the missing list for a lot of the game. Shash was bright and Dinzeyi was solid in defence, very brave. The sub GK Oluwayemi was not very good.
Nice day out. No superstars on show.

Last edited:
Troy Parrott's Highlights from today -

Style of play from that looks so similar to Harry Kane. Happy to drop a bit deeper and play the ball. Doesn't seem like a one-dimensional kind of player. I like what I see. Let's hope he can develop and we end up having another exceptional player on our hands there.

I believe EFL clubs can sign a maximum of four players from any one club - but only two of these can be over the age of 23.

Think that's right. Doubt if we have any players over 23 to send them do more likely all 4 would be s maximum age of 20.

But Bury can only sign 8 loan players in total, but then only 5 can be in s match day squad.

So to ensure Spurs youngsters got playing time we would need to know how many loan players they were getting in and how playing time could be divided up.

You heard right - and that excludes Kane, Winks and Walker Peters

List of 10 is Whiteman, De Bie, Tanganga, Lyons-Foster, Skipp, Bowden, White, Georgiou, Roles, Parrott.

All but De Bie and Lyons Foster were involved yesterday - although Bowden only o I 90th minute.

Great day for Academy

Hope Poch carries through in taking a couple into first team squad

Sounds like TOB had another great game today which is fantastic to hear. He's someone who had a lot of hype as an Under-16 and has barely turned up since for Spurs (though looked great for England). If he could find his groove it would be a wonderful bonus!
Just out of interest, who do you think has turned up for spurs as a scholar, majority imo, stagnate when they get to that U18/U21(PL2) transition

Just out of interest, who do you think has turned up for spurs as a scholar, majority imo, stagnate when they get to that U18/U21(PL2) transition
For me I've seen loads of Under-18s accelerate through their scholarship ready to spring-board into the Under-23s and beyond and then... nothing.

For me I've seen loads of Under-18s accelerate through their scholarship ready to spring-board into the Under-23s and beyond and then... nothing.

This has to be one of the holy grail s of youth football - how to bridge the age ,18 to 21/22 gap between youth football and adult football.

Now that Spurs have a bit of money if like to see them hire a couple of coaches/others with a brief to monitor kids through the various paths they might take, whether loans abroad or in UK.

Also to revisit one of Sherwood's ideas with several favoured clubs ( in his car Swindon) sending several youngsters there at the same time, done well think there are lots of benefiits to both kids and club - several kids never came back from Swindon so they got well trained youngsters whilst others went on to make s handful of first team appearances (Luongo and Pritchard come to mind) before being sold on whilst Ryan Mason was a first team regular.

Closest thing we have going at moment is Checks trade Trophy which is good but only 3 or ,,4 games s seasonn. But maybe something similar could be created

eplion today:

Kaz Sterling is in talks to move to Charlton on one year loan with option of Jan recall.

Tanganga: Club wanted to put him in shop window but improved deal will be handed soon.
Few championship clubs interested for a loan such as Fulham and Derby but nothing concrete.

CCV transfer listed. Few offers in. One prem club interested. No offers for Onomah.

Last edited:
This has to be one of the holy grail s of youth football - how to bridge the age ,18 to 21/22 gap between youth football and adult football.

Now that Spurs have a bit of money if like to see them hire a couple of coaches/others with a brief to monitor kids through the various paths they might take, whether loans abroad or in UK.

Also to revisit one of Sherwood's ideas with several favoured clubs ( in his car Swindon) sending several youngsters there at the same time, done well think there are lots of benefiits to both kids and club - several kids never came back from Swindon so they got well trained youngsters whilst others went on to make s handful of first team appearances (Luongo and Pritchard come to mind) before being sold on whilst Ryan Mason was a first team regular.

Closest thing we have going at moment is Checks trade Trophy which is good but only 3 or ,,4 games s seasonn. But maybe something similar could be created

The Checkatrade Trophy has been very good and I think there's probably a consensus that it's a good direction to go further in - competitive games for the underage against adult footballers. The problem is that fans of Football League clubs seem to absolutely hate it, and I have some sympathy there, especially because the PL has used its financial dominance to force things like the EPPP on them which have damaged their clubs to the benefit of the PL and national team. There's no trust and a lot of anger which is going to make things difficult. I expect the PL will just do the same again - try to get B Teams in with the carrot of more money and the huge stick of existing solidarity payments being withdrawn - but it won't be a smooth process at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom