Spurs Youth 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting to that time of year when we start to hear via social media who has been offered and accepted scholarships to become next seasons first year academy. Likely youngsters are :

Aaron Maguire (GK) (E u16, has played for Republic of Ireland)
Adam Hayton (GK)
Jordan Hackett - Valton (CB/LB) (E u16)
Ben Watt (CB) (E u16)
Ferdinand Okoh (CB/DM)
Oliver Turner or Max Hudson (both LB)
Dante Casanova (Mid and FB)
Khalon Haysman (Mid)
Hamed Abdel-Salam (Mid)
Roshaun Mathurin (winger - like J'Lloyd Bennett)
Renaldo Torraj (Winger) (Albanian u16 ?)
Dane Scarlett (Striker) (E u16)

So that would be an intake of 12 youngsters, not an unusual size.

Hackett, Casanova, Mathurin and Scarlett have all appeared for Spurs u18's so far this season - usually another sign they will be offered a scholarship - and they plus Maguire and Watt are probably the best players in the squad. Worth seeing who else plays u18's before the end of the season

Hackett, Mathurin and Scarlett were also included in Spurs youth UEFA League squad showing the club think they are very good players in their positions,

Historically we sometimes lose a couple and gain a couple before the players sign their scholarships.

I think Hamid Abdul-Salam may be a Reading player now?

We had Williot Swedberg of Hammarby on trial, wonder if that'll materialise into anything?

Whatever happened with the other goalkeeper, Donal O'Brien-Brady?

Was Zidane Green in this age group? Assume he left?

Getting to that time of year when we start to hear via social media who has been offered and accepted scholarships to become next seasons first year academy. Likely youngsters are :

Aaron Maguire (GK) (E u16, has played for Republic of Ireland)
Adam Hayton (GK)
Jordan Hackett - Valton (CB/LB) (E u16)
Ben Watt (CB) (E u16)
Ferdinand Okoh (CB/DM)
Oliver Turner or Max Hudson (both LB)
Dante Casanova (Mid and FB)
Khalon Haysman (Mid)
Hamed Abdel-Salam (Mid)
Roshaun Mathurin (winger - like J'Lloyd Bennett)
Renaldo Torraj (Winger) (Albanian u16 ?)
Dane Scarlett (Striker) (E u16)

So that would be an intake of 12 youngsters, not an unusual size.

Hackett, Casanova, Mathurin and Scarlett have all appeared for Spurs u18's so far this season - usually another sign they will be offered a scholarship - and they plus Maguire and Watt are probably the best players in the squad. Worth seeing who else plays u18's before the end of the season

Hackett, Mathurin and Scarlett were also included in Spurs youth UEFA League squad showing the club think they are very good players in their positions,

Historically we sometimes lose a couple and gain a couple before the players sign their scholarships.

Our E u16 CB/LB Jordan Hackett (full surname Hackett-Valton) starts as LB after captaining E u16 during the last week or so.

I think Hamid Abdul-Salam may be a Reading player now?

We had Williot Swedberg of Hammarby on trial, wonder if that'll materialise into anything?

Whatever happened with the other goalkeeper, Donal O'Brien-Brady?

Was Zidane Green in this age group? Assume he left?

Just looked at Hamid Abdul-Salam on the internet and Transfermarkt has him playing 2 matches in October for Reading u18's but not after then - I have him playing for Spurs u15's earlier this season, so really don't know if he has left permanently to go to Reading or if he went there on a loan or trial ! So difficult to keep track of kids at this age as there is so little information. But I've noted your comment on my original post

I've included Hayton as a 2nd GK, solely because Spurs often seem to have 2 GK's in each age group, and he's played in a couple of tournaments for Spurs youth. But I've not listed him in the best 6 players (who I named as Hackett, Casanova, Mathurin, Scarlett, Maguire and Watt who imo are near certainties to be offered scholarships but not the others) , so if either of the 2 GK's you mention are considered better by Spurs, he could be replaced in next year's intake - but I've not seen either listed in the squads of the youth tournaments which is the basis of my list.

Again I've not seen Green listed in any recent Spurs youth tournament squad that I've seen although he's called a 'wonder kid' by one source on the internet - he could have left as did Aird-Munn who was also listed as a Wonder Kid at Spurs' in the Daily Mirror 2 years ago.

If you've got firm information that any of the lads you mention are still at Spurs, glad to add them to the list as possibilities or alternatives as I did where we have 2 left backs (Turner and Hudson) and my judgement is that Spurs are unlikely to take both (although numbers wise they could !)

Last edited:
How is it going for Etete? Not just this game, but in general.

I would suggest well.

He took the first few months of the season to adjust from Notts County but has now started to get going, and over the last say 3 months now looks to be a decent centre forward, hold up play, ability to shoot and score, passing etc. If he keeps it up he could be a candidate to go on pre-season alongside Parrott, and later this season to start to become an u23 regular as atm he's an u18 regular.

How is it going for Etete? Not just this game, but in general.

Captained Spurs u18 today - think this is the first time so suggests he's been given the captaincy as a reward for performances in last few matches. Backs up my earlier comments

Lennon thought he was MOTM today saying.
My man of the match: Kion Etete. A relentless presser who worked really hard for Spurs all game despite things not always coming off for him. Striker Kion Etete battled for the ball well and he also took both of his goals with good confidence. Etete’s off the ball movement was good and he did well to also win a penalty during the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom