Spurs Youth 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he was better than decent. Until his injury he'd looked very very good. Pleat (again) scouted him and Etherington from Peterborough (?) and ME if anything was more highly rated. Gutted when Hoddle lost his nerve for the Blackburn final and didn;t select him.

I think he was better than decent. Until his injury he'd looked very very good. Pleat (again) scouted him and Etherington from Peterborough (?) and ME if anything was more highly rated. Gutted when Hoddle lost his nerve for the Blackburn final and didn;t select him.

Yes Simon Davies was a bit of a favourite of mine - showed he was always available when Spurs hammered Chelsea 5-1 (Davies scoring a goal) in a 2nd leg cup match almost 20 years ago when Davies was about 21 or 22 I think. Great match to watch as a Spur as Chelsea were odds on to win.

Congratulations to Elliott Thorpe on first first Wales u21 call up. Could be a great way to get experience for him.

I think our last Welsh u21 might have been Simon Davies - and he was a very decent player for us at the time until injured (when we sold him to Everton), and his best match for Wales an extraordinary and deserved 2-1 win against Italy.

BTW forgot to mention on Friday 4 June @ 18.30 Welsh u21 match on S4C, but I think will be online/Youtube for free. Sadly I am likely to be out but interested in feedback on Thorpe if anyone watches the match

Developing a reputation in his home country as a potentially very good young defender - and a better bet for the senior squad than players with more years experience. Will be good for his development playing mens football as well as youth football at his age

Thanks for posting

Don't think there are any outright surprises in the yougsters leaving - I had high hopes for Richards but he's had a series of injuries and that might be the reason for his not being offered a new contract, whilst Roles is a bit of enigma in that after a very good loan at League 2 Cambridge could not get any real playing time with either clubs he was loaned to in League 1. Too light weight or what. Wish them both well though - and the others on the list.

With 13 Academy Year 2 players retained and promoted into Development Squad, think that makes a Development squad of around 33 players (including Whiteman and Austin) next season - so we will probably need at least a dozen loans to give the older players experience of playing in 'mens football'

With 13 Academy Year 2 players retained and promoted into Development Squad, think that makes a Development squad of around 33 players (including Whiteman and Austin) next season - so we will probably need at least a dozen loans to give the older players experience of playing in 'mens football'
You got a list by position handy somewhere?

Provisional Development Squad 21/21
(Before Loans with a couple maybe in First team Squad and before any transfers)

Goalkeepers (6)

Alfie Whiteman age 22
Brandon Austin age 21
Joshua Oluwayemi age 20
Kacper Kurylowicz, aged 19
Timothee Lo'Totula, aged 18
Isak Solberg, aged 18

Defenders (12)
Timothy Eyoma (RB/CB) – age 21
Marcel Lavenier (RB/LB) - age 20
Dennis Cirkin (LB), age 19
Malachi Walcott (CB), aged 19
Jubril Okedina (RB/CB), aged 20
Brooklyn Lyons-Foster (CB/FB), aged 20
Tobi Omole (CB/DM), aged 21
Dermi Lusala (RB/CB), aged 18
Marques Muir (CB), aged 18
Maksim Paskotši (CB), aged 18
Kalum Cesay (RB/DM), aged 18
Jeremy Kyezu (LB/LM), aged 18

Central Midfielders (7)
Harvey White (CM/DM), aged 19
Jamie Bowden (CM.DM), aged 19
Rafferty Pedder (CM), aged 19
Michael Craig (DM/CB), aged 18
Matthew Craig (CM/AM), aged 18
Nile John (CM/AM, aged 18
Yago de Santiago Alonso (CM/AM), aged 18
Attacking Midfield (6)
Dilan Markanday (AM) aged 19
Elliot Thorpe (CM/AM) aged 19
J’Neil Llloyd Bennett (winger/striker) aged 19
Jeremi Mukendi, (AM/Striker) aged 19
Romaine Mundle (AM, LW, RW), aged 18
Max Robson, (AM), aged 18

Strikers (2)
Troy Parrett, aged 19
Kion Etete, aged 19

And that of course does not include the likes of Alfie Devine and Dane Scarlett who are ikely to play u23 football in 2021/22

Is it unusual to have that many goalkeepers? Seems like a lot competing for very little playing time.

In a word yes.

But Whiteman will either continue as 3rd GK for first team or go out on loan, Austin will continue out on loan (and both seem decent prospects as a longer term Spurs 2nd or 3rd GK), leaving 4 GK's of whom one may go out on loan, so its not as bad as it first looks.

With the 12 defenders, its possible either Eyoma or Lavenier stays as back up RB but otherwise half of them need to be out on loan leaving maybe 6 to play in u23's, and similar with other positions

What's the deal with Tobi Omole? He is over age next season.

NO LONGER U212021-22
Austin, Brandon
Omole, Tobi LB,CB
TANGANGA Japhet
NO LONGER U212022-23
Eyoma, Timothy Joel
Lavinier, Marcel RB
Lyons-Foster, Brooklyn
Mukendi, Jeremie CF/RB
Okedina, Jubril CB
Thorpe, Elliot CAM
SESSEGNON Ryan
SKIPP Oliver

What's the deal with Tobi Omole? He is over age next season.

NO LONGER U212021-22
Austin, Brandon
Omole, Tobi LB,CB
TANGANGA Japhet
NO LONGER U212022-23
Eyoma, Timothy Joel
Lavinier, Marcel RB
Lyons-Foster, Brooklyn
Mukendi, Jeremie CF/RB
Okedina, Jubril CB
Thorpe, Elliot CAM
SESSEGNON Ryan
SKIPP Oliver

Can only assume he's being loaned out next season as keeping him implies Spurs have extended his one year contract.

Even bigger surprise was keeping Mukendi who has only played about 6 games in 3 seasons due to injury, but let Richards go who has had injuries but scored regularly when fit. But fans don't see them on training ground, and almost nothing during lockdown, so maybe there was a logical reason.

Next season's u16 striker.

Looks like :
- 17 year old Dane Scarlett (next season's Academy Year 2 player) is likely to be regularly playing u23's (except when he's in the first team squad), with
- Jamie Donley (next season's Academy Year 1) playing as u18 striker, except when Dane Scarlett is with first team squad when I suspect Donley will be tried out in u23's ?
- 15 year old Ollie Irow wil be playing u16's and back up at u18's

And I'd guess that both strikers Troy Parrott and Kion Etete will be on loan to gain expeience of playing mens football - both aged 19/20

Next season's u16 striker.

Looks like :
- 17 year old Dane Scarlett (next season's Academy Year 2 player) is likely to be regularly playing u23's (except when he's in the first team squad), with
- Jamie Donley (next season's Academy Year 1) playing as u18 striker, except when Dane Scarlett is with first team squad when I suspect Donley will be tried out in u23's ?
- 15 year old Ollie Irow wil be playing u16's and back up at u18's

And I'd guess that both strikers Troy Parrott and Kion Etete will be on loan to gain expeience of playing mens football - both aged 19/20

Think it's no coincidence we are seeing a flow through of higher class young strikers, given Kanes journey with us.

I always think back to 1990 with Gazza, as a young lifeguard noticed all the young kids wanted to be Gazza and Spurs all of a sudden... Be lovely to get another from this set for the first team and another for a mid-lower prem club to keep the cycle going.

Back
Top Bottom