Steve Archibald!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I loved him as a kid, even got a Barca shirt when I was on holiday in Spain the season he left us for them.

As before mentioned, he was a real Spurs type of player

1982: Only person to appear on Top of the Pops twice for two different acts on the same night. Tottenham Tottenham & We have a dream (Scotland World cup song).

You were obviously watching the same BBC4 "TOP OF THE POPS 1982" programme as I was...
But you CLEARLY missed the first couple of acts.... as Glenn Hoddle & Ray Clemence did EXACTLY that, moments before... on the SAME SHOW!
(England World Cup Squad: Fly the Flag" and "Tottenham, Tottenham!")

If yer gonna bring yer facts to the table... then you'd better bring yer dinner!! (Or summit like that!)

But still... fuck facts... facts are for losers and annoying know-it-alls like me!

Had a horrible feeling I was going to be reading an obituary!!!! Wish people would put 'Not Dead' in the heading when they starthread about old players.
Archie was a legend, alongside with Crooksie, a very effective partnership if one of them didn't score the other one did.
Got the impression he wasn't particularly sociable, but took his job on the pitch seriously. Was a shame that he fell out with Burkinshaw but it didn't seem to affect the way he played.
He loved the supporters though and he was very popular with us too - think scoring twice against Woolwich helped :)
He bought a pub down Roman Road (Bethnal Green) for his dad to run, and we went there one night for my birthday. When his dad found out I was Spurs, he rang him up and we had a lovely chat. Think it was a couple of weeks after that he signed for Barca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah well.
Would love to see him back at the Lane

Had a horrible feeling I was going to be reading an obituary!!!! Wish people would put 'Not Dead' in the heading when they starthread about old players.
Archie was a legend, alongside with Crooksie, a very effective partnership if one of them didn't score the other one did.
Got the impression he wasn't particularly sociable, but took his job on the pitch seriously. Was a shame that he fell out with Burkinshaw but it didn't seem to affect the way he played.
He loved the supporters though and he was very popular with us too - think scoring twice against Woolwich helped :)
He bought a pub down Roman Road (Bethnal Green) for his dad to run, and we went there one night for my birthday. When his dad found out I was Spurs, he rang him up and we had a lovely chat. Think it was a couple of weeks after that he signed for Barca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah well.
Would love to see him back at the Lane

Got my first Whistle dahn Roman Road. True story, that.

"We're take more care of you , Archiibald , Archibald "
I think that was his song , the tune was used on airline advert at the time but I could easily be wrong .
Suddenly the team clicked with the Archi/Crooks partnership , remember buying
"love will tear us a part " Joy Division , even that. ian had popped his clogs , and embarrassingly
Visage , "Fade to Grey ".

And a full throttle shelf singing we'll take good care of you Archibald...Archibald

Funny how the chant was never recycled for any one else. Berbatov would of scanned

I always thought it was in reference to how he was treated in his final few months at Aberdeen by Ferguson...
as in "we'll take more care of you" (...than Fergie, who knows shit all about football management, pah! Hmmm.)

I don't think Berbatov was ever ill treated by anyone in his privileged career!!

You gotsta earn the right to be taken under the fans' protective wing!!

Maybe Lamela needs a collective arm round his shoulder when he finally returns... don't scan quite as well, mind!

Back
Top Bottom