Steve Hitchen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

HITCHENS IN OR OUT?

• Total voters
Commoli was a clown, he paid the price for buying crap like Bentley, the man who said he didn’t understand the Spurs fans obsession with buying a left side midfielder (we had none at the time) , helping to oust Jol and appointing his puppet Ramos which led to the 2 points/8 games situation. He was sacked and rightly so.

Just look at the amazing job he did at Liverpool afterwards…

So we're just gonna attribute all the credit for Bale, Modric, Berba etc, and the growth that came from that era directly to Levy instead then? ...An era of recruitment that led us to the CL for the first time ever?

.......That would sure wreck a few narratives wouldn't it? :gio:

Last edited:
Hitchen was never the problem at Spurs, you're focusing on the wrong person, I keep telling you lot..

Anyone on here could have "scouted" Grealish, Tielemans, Dias, Bruno and Dybala.

I don't know who JWP is but I bet I could have "scouted" him too. Aaah, Ward-Prowse? I did in that case, when he was playing for the England U21s.

:nunothumb:

Hitchen was as big a problem as Levy. The idiot paid 10M for Jack Clarke, brought Gedson, N'Jie, Janssen etc. at the club. He wasted hundreds of millions of pounds on players who did not fit at all. The only good scouting he did was Tielemans and Dias, both of whom we didn't get because of the other bald idiot.
Clarke I agree but Gedson was requested by Jose and, Janssen (who was 2nd choice behind Michy Batshuayi because we couldn't match Chelsea's wages) was requested by Poch so they were both targets requested by the managers so who's to blame there?

Only to add further that N'Jie was a Mitchel signing.

Poch was pivotal to the signing of the following: Sanchez, Jansen, Aurier, Ndom, GLC, Sess, Foyth, Llorente..... The players themselves will tell you that.

Poch reportedly turned down Tielemans too

Lastly......... Diaz? Seriously... Fuck that bullshit.....

Not the first time ive heard weve backed out of deals cos of levy. Tbh when i saw amazon doc hitchen seemed a bit of a yes man and looked like a 2nd hand car salesman out of his depth. He should work with parish at palace. Both look like 2nd hand car dealership salesman.

So were just gonna attribute all the credit for Bale, Modric, Berba etc, and the growth that came from that era directly to Levy instead then? ...An era of recruitment that led us to the CL for the first time ever?

.......That would sure wreck a few narratives wouldn't it? :gio:
He was so good at his job thar he got sacked.

You ,me and my Mrs could have told you Grealish, Tielemans ,JWP and Dybala are decent players, that fuck knuckle just watched YouTube vids and collected his wages, he was a useless cunt.
However, I do agree that he isnt the sole problem and Levy is responsible for most balls up's.

Scouting is just more than identfying players otherwise anyone could do it, it's more having early access to them to be able to talk to them to get them on the negotiating table hence when people mention scouting rings it's being able to get players, agents, and families to trust you...his network was big before it came to Spurs.

Matt Law's article is a load of fabricated click bait bollocks so I wouldn't read into that...but he was nowhere near the main problem at Tottenham, restricted spending in the austerity period, Levy being Levy and managers picking shit as targets were also a factor.

This was always gonna happen, the perception around him after the Amazon doc which was taken massively out of context has been brutal, writing was on the wall when Fab came in.

He was so good at his job thar he got sacked.

So "Viva Levy" is your theory then? :sonhmm:

.........Please don't shy away from my question. It'll be good to know where you stand.

(Look; the guy lasted 4 years.... I didn't say he was flawless; I said it "worked well"..... It did. Ramos was a shambles and DC paid the price. That's business.)

.......Honestly, some of this is beyond a joke! Levy's a cunt, Lewis is worse.... All the DOFs and scouts have been shite.... So have all the managers apart from 3.

SPOILER: Poch wasn't literally magic y'know! Jol & Redknapp didn't single-handedly lift us out of the dull-drums of bottom half fnishes! All these players we've revered over the last 20 years; there contracts didn't magically land on Levy's desk...... It's ok to credit people once in a while.

Last edited:
Appearances certainly suggest that Hitchins has been a disaster for us, but I do wonder if he's walked or been pushed. And if he's walked is it because he doesn't feel he's been backed which whether you rate his work at the club or not (I don't rate it) is another damning indictment on the way Dr Weevil runs the club.

Appearances certainly suggest that Hitchins has been a disaster for us, but I do wonder if he's walked or been pushed. And if he's walked is it because he doesn't feel he's been backed which whether you rate his work at the club or not (I don't rate it) is another damning indictment on the way Dr Weevil runs the club.

There are other more tangible theories than just another slew of Levy's conspiracy, you know...

Fab as DOF effectively made him redundant..... Side-lined or (job titles aside) demoted even.

Last we heard he'd been given a roll heading up youth and lower-league domestic scouting....... Tough pill to swallow after a couple of years as Levy's #2.

That's more than enough to make a man leave and seek new pastures.

Back
Top Bottom