Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, if we spent big on players and had a poor season you'd blame our transfer policy.
But if we spend nothing on players and have a poor season our transfer window would not be to blame.
Thanks for clearing that up

If we spend big and have a poor season, it will depend on the exact same factors as if we dont spend and have a poor season. Players underperforming, managerial mistakes, injuries etc etc etc.
I said we have a top 3 team......finishing 6th wont be because we didnt sign players.

The fact that you have just admitted the possibility of spending big and having a poor season just goes to show how watery your theory is. You've lost conviction in your own mantra.

You told me spending big was a dead cert to trophies (while dismissing the billion Liverpool have spent finishing below us).....now we can spend big and still have a poor season too? How so?

You told me spending big was a dead cert to trophies (while dismissing the billion Liverpool have spent finishing below us).....now we can spend big and still have a poor season too? How so?
I bet you'll not find a single quote where I said that.
I've often said spending big money gives you a better shot at winning trophies.
And considering we don't spend big, and we don't win any trophies, the evidence backs me up doesn't it?

De Jong and Eriksen in the midfield
ooooo-gif-9.gif

I bet you'll not find a single quote where I said that.
I've often said spending big money gives you a better shot at winning trophies.
And considering we don't spend big, and we don't win any trophies, the evidence backs me up doesn't it?

Liverpool spend big, West Ham spend big, Everton spend big, Woolwich spend big.....in fact we spend the least of all clubs, yet keep finishing above them.
You seem to think because City and Chelsea broke football, thats the only model to follow, yet Leicester beat them all to a title while the year after we were runners up.

Your theory isnt about Spurs and trophies, its just about you wanting players.

So spending nothing in this window didn't turn out to be a masterstroke after all

Who'd of thought it

Too choosy a manager certainly didn't help.
Frenkie de Jong admits he nearly joined Tottenham before Barcelona move | Football News | Sky Sports

Grealish deal agreed with old owner of Aston Villa but new owners refused to sanction sale after completing their purchase of club in record time. New owners bet that the £200m+ advantage of getting to PL outweighed any price they could get for Grealish......and they were right

So money available,......just not invested by manager

Frenkie de Jong admits he nearly joined Tottenham before Barcelona move | Football News | Sky Sports

Grealish deal agreed with old owner of Aston Villa but new owners refused to sanction sale after completing their purchase of club in record time. New owners bet that the £200m+ advantage of getting to PL outweighed any price they could get for Grealish......and they were right

So RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK you don't believe all the journalists reporting from the players side (not Spurs side) ?

Hmm I think Poch was picky this window yeah but Levy's pathetic attempt at signing Grealish was the problem.

£3m + Onomah

😂

Daily Mail claim that we (along with Liverpool and United) are in for Dybala again in the summer.

This rumour will not die until he goes somewhere else.

Hmm I think Poch was picky this window yeah but Levy's pathetic attempt at signing Grealish was the problem.

£3m + Onomah

😂

I suspect that's a rumour - the feedback from the local press well connected at Birmingham at the time is that Levy bid somewhere around the £25m mark which the then owner accepted saying that he couldn't complete until Villa was sold (typically there is a standstill agreement on sale of assets during the sale of a business), new owners bought and completed on purchase of Villa in far shorter time than anyone expected.

Unexpectedly they said no sale - we are betting that with Grealish in the side we can make PL which is worth hundreds of millions to us so we aren't interested in selling the player. Balls of steel to make that call, but they were right. Sadly for Spurs.

Problem was there seemed to be no Plan B, C or D, after De Jong and Grealish. I'd have had a younger player lined up who needed a year of development as one of the options simply because we know no club ever gets its top pick of players every time.

Back
Top Bottom