Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm relaxed about right back. Rose was shit when Poch first got him and he totally transformed him. So foyth and walker-peters both have a chance of making it.

It's centre back that's my concern. Whats the plan with Toby and Jan? I guess they're both leaving but it seems crazy to rip the heart of your team out in one summer but what's even more strange is apart from the kid the scum signed we haven't been linked to one replacement.

I don't even know who we could sign . Worrying.

I'm relaxed about right back. Rose was shit when Poch first got him and he totally transformed him. So foyth and walker-peters both have a chance of making it.

It's centre back that's my concern. Whats the plan with Toby and Jan? I guess they're both leaving but it seems crazy to rip the heart of your team out in one summer but what's even more strange is apart from the kid the scum signed we haven't been linked to one replacement.

I don't even know who we could sign . Worrying.
Willi Orban would be ideal. 26 years old right now so hitting his peak. Leads the backline for Leipzig etc.

He would be my first target. Get Orban in and have him lead Sanchez/Foyth

Last edited:
According to the Guardian we're back after the other Sessegnon. I don't know anything about him other than he's a defender so I'm guessing he'll be up to speed by 2020 2022.

and CL - the rule was changed wasnt it?

Yes, rule changed so playing in CL would not be a problem

Big hurdle remains his image rights which he sold to a company some years ago.

The company now owning the rights has little incentive to negotiate - they just pocket a fee every time his image is used - and are demanding£40m/£50m to sell them. Whether Dybla or Juve will sort it out is another question.

Could imagine lawyers fees to find a away round it wont be cheap either. But as I understand it the deal he has breaches 3rd party ownership rules and image rights regulations, so without sorting out the mess the transfer to a PL club is probably a 'no no'.

Yes, rule changed so playing in CL would not be a problem

Big hurdle remains his image rights which he sold to a company some years ago.

The company now owning the rights has little incentive to negotiate - they just pocket a fee every time his image is used - and are demanding£40m/£50m to sell them. Whether Dybla or Juve will sort it out is another question.

Could imagine lawyers fees to find a away round it wont be cheap either. But as I understand it the deal he has breaches 3rd party ownership rules and image rights regulations, so without sorting out the mess the transfer to a PL club is probably a 'no no'.
If he's not playing his image isn't shown though, suspect that hurts them significantly (I've no idea how much they get though, so purely guessing if this is the case). I'd imagine also that if he doesn't play in the CL that's where the money really is, rather then Serie A (again assuming there is a difference).

????

If he's not playing his image isn't shown though, suspect that hurts them significantly (I've no idea how much they get though, so purely guessing if this is the case). I'd imagine also that if he doesn't play in the CL that's where the money really is, rather then Serie A (again assuming there is a difference).

????

All true.

Problem is the sellers have no requirement to be reasonable and reflect in their price any form of reality - they can ask whatever they like for the image rights

Of course if the reduction in image rights income is significant it may help them to quote a lower price. ......…

Back
Top Bottom