Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst not much sentiment about Clarke (which is a worry) it's sobering to read them talking about £1m purchases... we're banging £80m around here like it's chump change. Reality check needed a times!
did you read that bit about liking that spurs tweet, then deleting it? also his media account removing the leeds logos. it certainly sounds like it won't happen lol

You can say the same about the attackers, the more they play together the more they get used to each others runs and movements. But then you will get fans saying why players are not rotated and players playing week in week out are at risk of exhaustion. Manager can't win
I'd argue it's more important for your defence.

Running offside as an attacker is not as crucial as a defender playing an opponent on-side. With VAR the defence now must operate as one.

VVD played almost every game last season plus the Nations League nonsense. I don't see much evidence of fatigue.

Plus these players have access to the finest sports science, nutrition and recovery facilities.

You don't get tired if you're winning!

I'd argue it's more important for your defence.

Running offside as an attacker is not as crucial as a defender playing an opponent on-side. With VAR the defence now must operate as one.

VVD played almost every game last season plus the Nations League nonsense. I don't see much evidence of fatigue.

Plus these players have access to the finest sports science, nutrition and recovery facilities.

You don't get tired if you're winning!
CB is the least physically taxing outfield position in the team though

oooo BT Sport 4k are replaying the City Lyon game.. can pay some closer attention to this Ndombele bloke

oooo BT Sport 4k are replaying the City Lyon game.. can pay some closer attention to this Ndombele bloke
I know a city fan who went to the game & said he was excellent & ran the show. Surely an everyday regular fan can't be wrong!

That’s why only Southampton wanted him of all the clubs that needed a “world class CB”.

Probably had about 8 international caps then too even though he was well into his 20s
It perplexed Celtic fans at the time. Guess it's because people were unsure of his level due to playing in the SPL. Just admit it sammy, you are wrong. He's not a shit player and wasn't a shit player at Celtic either. Your massive ego is getting in the way

Back
Top Bottom