Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont think its BS per se, but I 100% think its been taken very much out of context and the Twatterati BS merchants have proliferated it to every nook and cranny of the twattersphere ....

We are in conversation with Everton discussing the obvious ' Richarlison ' during cordialities and tea break we say with a smirk

Spurs : " That Gordon fellas a bit of alreet .................(long pause) how much ? "
Toffee : " 150M upfront "
Spurs : " ........ So Richarlison , money plus winky dink? "

Probably as far as it got, cheeky 10 sec enquiry while discussing Chicken Boyo

giphy.gif

I agree. I think that’s exactly what happened.

If Everton lose Gordon and Richarlison they are in serious trouble next season unless the replacements are shit hot. They would do far better to sell DCL if they need to sell two.

Depends how they play. If they become a side that plays with two wide players that get cross after cross into the box then a fit DCL is an asset.

Why buy Lenglet who has been awful at Barcelona ? A loan with option to buy every time.

So way less than £100m spend

The links to him don’t seem to be going away. I don’t know what he has been like there but he must have been good once for Barcelona to buy him in the first place. Although they have also bought Paulinho and KPB in recent seasons so might not be the best judges of players!

With Paratici playing the field each window, why are there not more rumors around Torres? Is he not 3rd choice anymore, after Bastoni and Gvardiol?

Which brings up LoCelso and his future. Are we waiting for Atletico’s interest to drive up his value to help with a possible reduction in price for Torres in a swap deal?

Curious why this scenario has gone so quiet in the media.

Im not sure Villarreal have any money to buy GLC. But yeah it’s weird why it’s gone quiet. Hopefully good news. I thought I read Man U were nailed on to get him but who knows.

Typically clubs would agree on a lower price for straight cash and installments would just mean a higher total price. Similar to interest on a mortgage or any loan (well this doesn’t work cause an intermediary supplies the loan). But think like a furniture company that is offering financing.

So if Everton is desperate for money now, 40m straight cash might be preferred to 50m paid equally over 4 years… especially with the recent inflation concerns (because the time value of a specific amount of money decreases over time due to assumed inflation). So for example, assuming 5% inflation each year over 5 years, getting 40m now is equivalent to getting 51.05m in 5 years. So for even installments, it would be somewhere in the middle and a proper value would be around 45m.

There are a number of banks who will 'buy' the outstanding instalments/receivables from player sales contracts, and indeed insurance companies will insure the banks get their money (ie credit insurance premiums), so between bank finance costs and insurance premiums, the total cost of financing will be significant. Its now a recognised 'industry'.

I don't have any real numbers but it wouldn't surprise me if a player sale for £50m paid over 5 equal annual instalments resulted in the finance costs being £10m so the selling club gets £40m at time of sale.

This from Hotspur88 over o SC AFTER Ali Gold Tweeted the info of our interest in Gordon:

Hotspur88: "Anyway, to keep it on track, we do have an interest in Gordon and have explored the option of bringing him in. I know nothing more than that on the situation".

These cunts are oblivious to the ridicule that they are under. How the fuck can any of these "ITK" be keeping a straight face when posting this cack?

Why even have him on loan if he's been so bad? How does he improve the squad?

He was excellent at Seville but poor when he went to Barcelona. If Conte thinks he can turn him round, he's a candidate for a loan - if not he stays at Barcelona.

Perisic was an 'ok' winger but Conte turned him into a world class wingback. So its all down to managers judgement as to what he can do

He was excellent at Seville but poor when he went to Barcelona. If Conte thinks he can turn him round, he's a candidate for a loan - if not he stays at Barcelona.

Perisic was an 'ok' winger but Conte turned him into a world class wingback. So its all down to managers judgement as to what he can do
I haven't watched Lenglet in a long long time, but if what people say about him is true, he might be a viable alternative to Davies to tide us over till next season.

He's supposedly great on the ball, something we need in our 3 man back line with the outer CBs required to get forward.

He's defensively poor, but Davies isn't exactly elite either.

So it's a question of just how bad is he defensively, and to what extent his ability on the ball makes up for that.

DCL has only had a brief period under ancelotti, not convinced he will be a decent player over seasons.

Well Ancelotti played to his strengths. Simple as that really. Everton didn't really do that last season and he was also injured a lot of the time. I think there's a decent player in there with him but you have to almost build your team and tactics around him to get the best out of him. So no top club would ever go in for him, certainly not as a starter.

Why even have him on loan if he's been so bad? How does he improve the squad?
A loan for Lenglet at the deadline makes sense as a panic move to provide cover for Davies. If we're really doing it this early in the window, then you'd have to think that he's truly valued by Conte and Paratici.

So the Gordon link was a whole load of bullshit from two SSN reporters. Wankers, surely they've got better things to do with their time than just make up nonsense.
Darn, that rumor was shot down so quickly that we didn't even have time to start a debate/argument/fight about his price, whether he should play as a RWB, LF or CM, his choice of girlfriend, etc., etc. :cool:

There are a number of banks who will 'buy' the outstanding instalments/receivables from player sales contracts, and indeed insurance companies will insure the banks get their money (ie credit insurance premiums), so between bank finance costs and insurance premiums, the total cost of financing will be significant. Its now a recognised 'industry'.

I don't have any real numbers but it wouldn't surprise me if a player sale for £50m paid over 5 equal annual instalments resulted in the finance costs being £10m so the selling club gets £40m at time of sale.
Agree. Point being if financing is an option… teams will always take slightly less for straight cash to avoid the additional charges.

A loan for Lenglet at the deadline makes sense as a panic move to provide cover for Davies. If we're really doing it this early in the window, then you'd have to think that he's truly valued by Conte and Paratici.
Or Conte feels he needs a full pre-season to polish this French turd?

Either way I think people are blowing this out of proportion. They seem to have short memories, the idea of Ben Davies being a mainstay in our back 3 would have been laughable 10 months ago yet here we are with one of the best defences in the league.

Back
Top Bottom