Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's the story with spence? Has levy written all over it this one. Negotiations dragging on and haggling over 5p plus add ons.

You realises that Levy signs off on all the deals this club does right?

Last week we splashed £50m on Richarlison, doesn't sound like Levy does it...

Perhaps maybe turn your attentions elsewhere...

Who do people think needs to be sold to balance the squad?

IF Lenglet and Spence are completed, the obvious out is Winks, who isn't likely to get any games with 4 better players in front of him. We should sell him immediately.

Rodon ought to be sold as well, which means we should look to replace him with either a wily vet nearing end of contract (De Vrij?) or a young up and comer (riskier).

Tanganga ought to be loaned out as well especially since Sanchez is natural RCB cover and might actually find form there again. Having Lenglet will help prevent having to play him at LCB, which though he has done ok at as of late, is clearly not his natural position. Tanganga would most benefit from a season long loan in the Prem.

The final piece would be an Eriksen-esque CAM who can cover CM, CAM and LW/RW. That would give us worst-case scenario balance throughout our attacking and midfield positions.

We have no need to sell Emerson or Doherty- carrying 5 wingbacks for 2 spots will be good for our squad depth over the course of the season.

EDIT: Feck I completely forgot about Reguilon. I guess if nobody wants to pay for him, we may as well keep him and have him and Sess compete against each other (and Perisic!). This would free us to sell either Doherty or Emerson (more $) and have the option of using Perisic or Doherty on either side.

On the other hand, if we think Perisic can play LW/RW we might not need to sell any WBs at all- Perisic becomes the flex LW/RW. Something to consider. I am interested to learn how Conte eventually views all this.

His claim to fame ? Anything other then 10 years ago ? Nothing just repeats the same garbage as the rest of the ITK’s
Not heard anything from him recently. I do think its unlikely people will still be getting info over a decade, especially given the churn within management and recruitment staff within the club. Valyid for example, is living off past glories and hasn't really said anything thats come to fruition in years, but definitely had info when Paul Kelmsley was at the club

Shit take or facts ? Tell me one thing he’s called on a transfer before major news outlets have ?

If I recall when I was on SC he called the Nelson and Saha deals as well as the Siguardsson and Sissoko deals as well, also was calling Vertonghen way before we signed him.

Also was the first person who mentioned Chelsea were in for Willian before the hijack became public

I thought it was pretty common knowledge he was related to Donna Cullen.

FW2aKAuWQAAlFDW.jpg
I mean, joking apart he's not going to say yes is he

You don't know what you are talking about.

Regarding ITK I'd take his word over any of the tripe rolled out on Twitter. He's very close to the club.

Paul, VY and JJ are just about the best three ITK's on Spurs.
Can see what’re you’re saying re POK, he gives clear information out that is mostly accurate.

Haven’t really seen much of this JJ fella so can’t comment on that.

And as far as I can see on here, all VY does is post incredibly vague stuff that could mean anything and it rarely lines up with anything actually happening. It’s guess work at its finest.

Not heard anything from him recently. I do think its unlikely people will still be getting info over a decade, especially given the churn within management and recruitment staff within the club. Valyid for example, is living off past glories and hasn't really said anything thats come to fruition in years, but definitely had info when Paul Kelmsley was at the club
Do you honestly think Tottenham are going to pass on info to some guy on twitter that was a lorry driver manager up until recently ?
If I recall when I was on SC he called the Nelson and Saha deals as well as the Siguardsson and Sissoko deals as well, also was calling Vertonghen way before we signed him.

Also was the first person who mentioned Chelsea were in for Willian before the hijack became public

I thought it was pretty common knowledge he was related to Donna Cullen.
again players from 6-10 years ago and how do you know he was the first to mention it ? Did you check every other twitter user and news outlet before him ? Again he’s had zero information since on transfers before they happen all he does is tweet what he’s read from others and makes out he’s got info .he’s a fraud

Last edited:
Do you honestly think Tottenham are going to pass on info to some guy in twitter

again players from 6-10 years and how do you know he was the first to mention it ? Did you check every other twitter user and news outlet before him ? Again he’s had zero information since on transfers before they happen all he does is tweet was he’s read from other and makes out he’s got info .he’s a fraud

That's kinda why I mentioned those specific deals because (apart from Vertonghen) they came out of the blue, the Wiliian deal he was the first to break the Chelsea interest when every single media outlet said that he was coming to us

So does that mean he has to give out information on every deal, it's not a job mate, it's his choice on whether he wants to make it public? How comes you're calling him a fraud what's your evidence?

And I don't think he posts much nowadays regardless, maybe he's had enough of people always asking him for shit? I don't know, I don't really care...look I don't really give a shit about about some silly ITK nonsense but it was obvious to everyone that JJ had a lot of insider info, I can't speak for him now because he doesn't post that much and personally I don't blame him.

Back
Top Bottom