Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My point was simply that to raise money; there's little benefit to them selling a CB for 50m (i.e. Bastoni) and replacing them with one of a similar value (i.e. Bremer)....

Skriniar for upwards of 70m vs Bremer made more sense on that front.

Of course, if Spursidol Spursidol is now also thinking about other sales that they may feel inclined to make (eg Martinez) then that's a spiraling matter, but if we're talking selling in key positions, the price of any necessary replacement is just as pivotal as the price of the outgoing player.

Towards the start of this transfer window I suggested on the basis of information published by reputable financial sources that Inter, despite being refinanced earlier this year, had a pressing need to raise a fair sum to pay down some debt - probably circa 50m+ - which could probably only be raised by sale of 2 significant players and replacement by 2 lower priced players to get that kind of money in.

Maybe they've found other ways to plug their finances.

But unless they are sold to new owners who can re-finance some of their debt, I suspect they will need to sell players

Cant See Dont Look GIF by Global Esports

Throwing it out there. Would anybody take a punt on him?

I figure we could get him on the cheap. Maybe £30M. Could even try a swap with Sanchez. He is Prem experienced, English/HG. I think he plays better in a back 3 and could play CCB & LCB. Similar to Lenglet he is good someone that's gone from being viewed as a marquee player but now undervalued due to their club being a shit show.
Can you throw him back?

Nice try, undercover redcafe poster.

Seriously though, the guy is on like 250K+/week. No way are we going to pay close to that and to suggest it means you don't understand how transfers work.

Throwing it out there. Would anybody take a punt on him?

I figure we could get him on the cheap. Maybe £30M. Could even try a swap with Sanchez. He is Prem experienced, English/HG. I think he plays better in a back 3 and could play CCB & LCB. Similar to Lenglet he is good someone that's gone from being viewed as a marquee player but now undervalued due to their club being a shit show.
Mediocre defender, leave him at Manchester United, squeezing him with his dream salary.

Towards the start of this transfer window I suggested on the basis of information published by reputable financial sources that Inter, despite being refinanced earlier this year, had a pressing need to raise a fair sum to pay down some debt - probably circa 50m+ - which could probably only be raised by sale of 2 significant players and replacement by 2 lower priced players to get that kind of money in.

Maybe they've found other ways to plug their finances.

But unless they are sold to new owners who can re-finance some of their debt, I suspect they will need to sell players
Thanks for your posts about this matter.
Bastoni is not a dead parrot yet.

I like him. Two team of the tournaments in international competitions. Stellar season before last and was genuinely excellent for Leicester.

He statistically improved United a lot when he arrived. Became a mess (obviously) but imo down to a crisis of confidence and a poorly organised team.

He’s a better player than someone like Dier and if he recovered his confidence and was in a 3, that would show. Not enough of an upgrade to be worth the high wages he would command though.

You’ve posted 198 messages in 9 years.

1 of them is a Harry Maguire-thread and 2 of them is “why?” in said Harry Maguire-thread.

You’ve failed miserably. Time to retire.
Actually I want to congratulate him. He's pulled off quite a rare thing. He has united a thread in almost 100% horror at the idea of that overated waste man in a Spurs shirt. I mean we can't agree on anything here: Nuno, Mandela effect, Jose, Brexit, Ghosts, the quantum realm, Pablo Dybala, giving one to Priti Patel....we literally have never once since this places inception ( we didn't agree on Inception by the way something to do with no gravity in level 2 but gravity in level 1 ) agreed on anything...yet here this lemon has effortlessly achieved transcendece...utter unanimity. With this really shit idea! Bravo!

Back
Top Bottom