Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The N word is horrifyingly offensive. It was invented to be a put down. But then they have taken it and used it in the same way as we have with Yid. And IMO, Yid, an actual word, which is simply short for Yiddish which is an actual recognised non offensive word. But we get offended (even though we're not Jewish) when getting called Yid by non Spurs fans
Swings and round about.

FA and PL rules differ? Or do PL rules supplement FA rules?
PL Rulebook is how clubs deal with each other, disciplinary etc.

FA are laws of the game.

With all journalists, and even supposed ITKs, I always ask "who are their sources? how likely is it they could have accurate information on this matter?"

Fabrizio Romano clearly gets info directly from agents, and sometimes for the agents it's a way of attempting to manipulate a situation, put pressure on a key party. Often though it's merely early confirmation of something that will soon be announced by clubs.

Ally Gold is a "beat reporter", his job is to cover Spurs for Foootball London. He gets fed stuff from the club's perspective, and tries to report it with as much integrity as possible. He also has direct access to people at the club. But the quid pro quo is that if he bites the hand that feeds him, he won't have a job anymore. Such is the lot of the beat reporter.
With past ITK there have been some connected to the board, some with jobs at the training ground, some related to important certain female South Africans that work for the club, some journalists, and the guy who was employed to find housing for incoming signings.

The rest, which is by far the vast majority, are basement-dwelling virgins lying out of their arses for a hint of the attention they desperately crave in real life.

Below all of that is Hercules.

I agree. For Reggy at least, I really don't understand why he has been ostracised.

Whether you think Sess is better than or him or whether Sess's HG status is more important, Reggy can still play a part until he leaves.

If Perisic and Sess are both injured, who do we play in that role? Davies in LB and bring in Sanchez, is that better than Reggy who has approx the same stats as Sess last season, and was until his injury, first choice? Didn't we play Doherty back in LB and it was hopeless?

Ndombele deserves what he gets. Lo Celso, i'm not sure, btu Reggy definitely doesn't. I can only assume he and Conte had a fight behind the scenes.
What are the odds of both of those two getting injured? 50/1? I would take a chance on Davies being cover in that unlikely scenario

Conte doesn’t want a vast squad - he’s made that clear

We are not signing another player mate. I have said this for ages now. Latest KP tweet is pretty much sealed it for me. We will get this Udogie in, who’s back on loan anyway so doesn’t really count, then we will try selling the cast offs towards deadline. Guarantee we sign nobody else for this season

Im not sure mate, I think it’s clear we want to get a few out but with Rodon gone and Tanganga likely to leave, I think we’ll at least get another centre back in.

Imagine those 3 words from a week ago has got you right in your feelings.
I think it's brilliant 🤣 . Absolutely brilliant

Those 3 words have done more to prove my point than 10,000 of my own could ever have done.

And I also think you were very honest and brave in posting them

:dierpochhug:

Just watching the Super Cup here, I hope we're still looking at Ndicka.

Top Top player!
sudoku says he's rubbish and his teammates freeze him out because they don't trust him. Hmmm, now I don't know whose opinion to trust, you/this take that jibes with my own or the oft-repeated one from the guy with the history of bad hottakes. It's a tossup!!!!

Mirror:​

Spurs to battle Chelsea for starlet

Tottenham face Chelsea on the pitch this weekend but off the pitch they are also shaping up for a battle for Peterborough defender Ronnie Edwards.

The 19-year-old has been impressing for club and country, making 38 appearances last term for the Championship club before featuring in the winning England U19 Euros squad this summer.

Posh have been relegated to League One and now football.london believe both Spurs and London are keen on the teenager.

Posh director of football Barry Fry said: "Spurs have been watching him for a long time, but so have other clubs. There is a big German club showing interest which is no real surprise as they love to take young English players and develop them."

It's getting more and more difficult to express any opinion because there are countless pressure groups that jump on any part of your statement. You have to stay indoors and never ever speak again because as soon as you put together a coherent sentence, somebody will find something to be offended about. There's a whole profession of people looking for something to be offended about. I'm fairly left wing and very liberal and accepting but I think we passed "ridiculous" a few years ago.
One cultural thing I simply don't understand is why calling a black person a "N..." is the ultimate insult but they refer to each other this way all the time...I'm Jewish but I never come across other Jewish calling each other kike or jewboy...it's completely baffling.
Ffs, how are there people that still struggle with this

Those 3 words have done more to prove my point than 10,000 of my own could ever have done.

My guy, we've had a very good Summer sining a load of players and backing the manager, we have one of the best coaches in the world and even our beloved ENIC finally seem to be listening to us fans yet all you wanna do is participate in mud slinging with your own fans and re-hash old tired arguments on the internet.

What are you struggling with here?

Would you be as triggered if he said « I love Conte » who’s been here 9 months?

Why the fuck are people talking about Nuno here?

Fuck off and move on. That was a miserable time. Can we not just enjoy the current vibes.

Some people want a fight all the time
Important to reflect on the fact we paid that absolute fraud £8M per annum, and some lunatic posters defended Levy for his decision.

Milan have apparently backed out of a Tanganga loan, and instead want to buy Sanchez.

Unless big dick Dav wants to move I hope that we block such a sale. Selling him this late in the window without a clear replacement ready would hamper us more than help.

Not to mention that Dav has stepped up his game and is good enough to be a rotational player for us now.

Agree. Any chance we can use Lenglet as a flex LCB/CCB, and Dav as a RCB/LCB? We might be able to then get away with having only 5 CBs, and maybe using one of the CDMs as a RCB if in a pinch? I'm thinking maybe PEH can do a job at RCB or something (worst case scenario).

Why the fuck are people talking about Nuno here?

Fuck off and move on. That was a miserable time. Can we not just enjoy the current vibes.

Some people want a fight all the time
I partly agree .... but it was not all gloom as Spurs did win over Man City under Nuno, so some joy was there :thumbup:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom