Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think this is doable, and what we should be aiming for at a minimum:

IN:
1 RWB: Maehle, Singo, Spence, or Knauff
1 LCB: Bastoni, Gvardiol, or Torres
2 CM: Recall Sarr (?); Eriksen (free)
1 Attacker: ?

OUT:
Lo Celso
Ndombele (Loan)
Dele (Loan)
Lucas or Bergwijn
Winks (Loan)
Emerson
Rodon
Tanganga (Loan)
Gil (Loan)
Scarlett (Loan)
Parrott (Loan)
That list will need several transfer windows.

Not sure what to think.

Good player but can be incredibly frustrating and his decision making can be poor.

Then again, home grown and has over 100 PL goals so perhaps I'm being unfair. He's 27 and has good pace, would prob offer a lot more than Bergwijn & Lucas.

Not sure what to think.

Good player but can be incredibly frustrating and his decision making can be poor.

Then again, home grown and has over 100 PL goals so perhaps I'm being unfair. He's 27 and has good pace, would prob offer a lot more than Bergwijn & Lucas.

He'd be incredible. He could play on all 3 positions, has a great relationship with Kane, and would improve us substantially. We can even have him as a false 9 in a 3-4-3, or have him play instead of Son. Fuck having a known 11, we need options, and Sterling would be a great one.

We are interested in Idrissa Gana Gueye
A prem proven defensive midfielder with a contract until 2023 so nothing to scoff at. He was incredibly solid at Everton. He's turning 33 but as a rotational option he would be a good get as long as we don't give him a 5 year deal.

Offer Ndombele as part of the deal.

Not sure what to think.

I’d be happy with him. He’s a better option than Lucas and would be useful if Bergwijn goes. He can play anywhere across the front three and links up well with Kane I think.

I’d be happy with him. He’s a better option than Lucas and would be useful if Bergwijn goes. He can play anywhere across the front three and links up well with Kane I think.
He would be some genuine competition for Son. Or if we need to rest Kane we can move Son centrally and start Sterling.

It's not that dumb a rumour.

He'd be incredible. He could play on all 3 positions, has a great relationship with Kane, and would improve us substantially. We can even have him as a false 9 in a 3-4-3, or have him play instead of Son. Fuck having a known 11, we need options, and Sterling would be a great one.

Does he?

I always think they look out of sorts playing together for England. Most of our attacks break down because of Sterling’s poor decision making.

Didnt realise Sterlings contract expires in 2023. Wouldn't be expensive transfer fee wise but wages astronomical. More likely its agents rumours to get a better deal at City.
He isn't getting another contract at City. He'd be on Son wages if he came here. Besides, what are his other options? Woolwich offer the same wages as us, Newcastle are still a couple of years away from being challengers, and Bayern or Barca have a very slim chance of going for him.

Does he?

I always think they look out of sorts playing together for England. Most of our attacks break down because of Sterling’s poor decision making.
Nah, him and Kane always combined well for England in my opinion. And he seemed to be one of the players that got along the most and enjoyed playing the most with Kane at the Euros.

He isn't getting another contract at City. He'd be on Son wages if he came here. Besides, what are his other options? Woolwich offer the same wages as us, Newcastle are still a couple of years away from being challengers, and Bayern or Barca have a very slim chance of going for him.

Why do you say that? He's a good English player who they'll want to keep.

Why do you say that? He's a good English player who they'll want to keep.
They have way too many options, and Sterling won't want to be 5th choice. He's below Grealish and Jesus in the pecking order as it is, imagine when Haaland and Alvarez come as well. And he's more than good, it's a waste to keep him on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom