Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next big-5 league stars

Issue number 366 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the 100 players born in 2002 or after active in 31 European leagues outside of the big-5 with the highest InStat Index. The latter takes into consideration footballers’ pitch production depending on position played (centre back, winger, etc.) and the general level of the matches in which they participated.

Jet9Iex.png

jV9OJUn.png

9cwbb8V.png

46jwkWL.png

He actually is important to his club so we'll never get him.

Won't be cheap and we prob. won't be the only interest, but with his contract ending 2024 (2 years remaining come the summer) if we can offer CL and Wolves don't crack Europe again then surley at some point his ambitions will exceed the club.

Won't be cheap and we prob. won't be the only interest, but with his contract ending 2024 (2 years remaining come the summer) if he can offer CL and Wolves don't crack Europe again then surley at some point his ambitions will exceed the club.

(whispers) I actually think he's a bit overrated. Not to say I'd be unhappy if we signed him because he's a huge upgrade on our current options, but for the price Wolves would want it'd be a dodgy one. He's got an excellent passing range and contributes both defensively & offensively well, but he's painfully immobile at times. This season he's stepped it up a good deal again but I do think he's been a bit meh for a large part of his time in the top division, I've actually mostly been more impressed with Moutinho.

I saw some people talk about Milinkovic Savic, and now that's a player I'd be ultra excited if we could bring him in. All the tools to do well in England.

(whispers) I actually think he's a bit overrated. Not to say I'd be unhappy if we signed him because he's a huge upgrade on our current options, but for the price Wolves would want it'd be a dodgy one. He's got an excellent passing range and contributes both defensively & offensively well, but he's painfully immobile at times. This season he's stepped it up a good deal again but I do think he's been a bit meh for a large part of his time in the top division, I've actually mostly been more impressed with Moutinho.

The mobility factor, I think you can overcome if you build around him appropriately.

I saw some people talk about Milinkovic Savic, and now that's a player I'd be ultra excited if we could bring him in. All the tools to do well in England.

I'm more than a bit worn down by the whole TN/GLC experience.... Are any leagues rustworthy right now? ....It feels not.

Hopefully Bentancur & Kulu can go some way to remedying that...... Until then, I could really do with a dose of reliable, hit-the-ground-running, bonafide improvement and I feel EPL-proven is the best route to that.

Diff player, but Bissouma would be awesome too, but barge-pole for him until further notice.....

I still feel the MF is a work in progress and as I have been saying all Jan, I find it hard to look beyond.

Next big-5 league stars

Issue number 366 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post presents the 100 players born in 2002 or after active in 31 European leagues outside of the big-5 with the highest InStat Index. The latter takes into consideration footballers’ pitch production depending on position played (centre back, winger, etc.) and the general level of the matches in which they participated.

Jet9Iex.png

jV9OJUn.png

9cwbb8V.png

46jwkWL.png
So Bergwijn + 10 mil for Gravenberg and Rensch

:levyeyes:

On a more serious note, how often players that rank highly on these list don't turn out to be anything special? Or is it usually a good indication of talent?

So Bergwijn + 10 mil for Gravenberg and Rensch

:levyeyes:

On a more serious note, how often players that rank highly on these list don't turn out to be anything special? Or is it usually a good indication of talent?

Gravenberch in a Spurs shirt is an absolute cream-dream for me but highly doubtful it could ever happen. I could maybe see it happening in a cash+player exchange with Bergwijn though.

I'd guess we'll do business for a young RWB in the summer and move Doherty on. The other business will be buying Romero and another young GK (possibly another loan to buy).

I think the ground work will have been laid for the summer.

I can see us going in for Lamptey and maybe Douglas Luiz. Who has 1 year left. I dont think he will re sign for Villa.

Botman will be up for grabs, as will Romagnoli.

Lots of people available to fill up our squad.

Lo Celso and Ndombele will hopefully have a couple of takers after being in the shop window.

None of us can be really be sure how good or bad this window has really been .
None of us had heard of the 2 signings and many a little concerned that Juvu fans were glad to get rid . Conte hopefully can get a tune and then there should be a improvement in the first 11. Maybe good enough for a top 4 but equally it might be not enough. The next few weeks we will see if they add anything or just another pair of squad players . Personally l would have liked to see a creative midfielder as l find our midfield a hard watch .
Ali has been a dead weight for 3 years and a real bonus moving him on.
Gil is an odd one , l don't think l see enough to say he will be an asset but maybe 2 years down the line who knows.
Getting the other 2 major disastrous expensive flops temporary away is a bonus but also a very sad reflection on the incompetence of our recruitment .

(Apologies should be in Jan Window)

Our incomers are low risk cost wise maybe a little bland but it would have been exciting to have a Diaz type .
In a month we will all be ready to judge clearly.

Last edited:
If we don't start to see some deals secured before the summer in terms of pre-contracts or quickly delivered deals in the summer then I completely give up.

We have purged, now we need to acquire.

Club has to have a strategy that is efficient and effective.

Back
Top Bottom