Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely. There are other priorities but we shouldn't be only signing 2-3 players this window .. and I think Conte would like 2 left sided centre backs in the squad for the start of the next season, especially when we're in Europe.

In order of priority: RWB, CM, LWB, LCB, versatile attacker.

and don't forget a back up goalkeeper to replace Gollini - and two of the players really need to be HG as we are short of HG players, so one could/should be the back up GK.

So a total of 6 players in - probably as many as we could realistically hope for.

Any favourites for RWB?

A few but I've only seen most of them a handful of times or less. I like Djed Spence but he may be a bit Emersony in the PL, I was in the pro Adama at RWB camp but that ship has sailed, and I really liked Livramento but he got badly hurt.

I don't think we need to go huge in that position though, just someone with a bit of athleticism who can cross a ball and cover decently enough defensively will do. If Dumfries is at all gettable I think he'd be very much like Doherty but a solid upgrade, really good at making clever runs in to the final third.

A few but I've only seen most of them a handful of times or less. I like Djed Spence but he may be a bit Emersony in the PL, I was in the pro Adama at RWB camp but that ship has sailed, and I really liked Livramento but he got badly hurt.

I don't think we need to go huge in that position though, just someone with a bit of athleticism who can cross a ball and cover decently enough defensively will do. If Dumfries is at all gettable I think he'd be very much like Doherty but a solid upgrade, really good at making clever runs in to the final third.
I thought Dumfries too, but then noticed that he's been benched for Darmian in recent crucial games for Inter. His stats have been decent so slightly odd, but a bit concerning if he's going to make another jump from Serie A to PL.

Should be our priority! Maybe realistic if we get CL?
how much would it take no way milan would take anything less then 80 mill. the only way i see this deal happening is throwing in reggie and paying 45

saying that he would transform us alot

it would be like having young bale again only as a wingback

the problem is we need someone equally as good on the right maybe go down a level and get dumfries

Should be our priority! Maybe realistic if we get CL?
When was the last time we bought a player from the likes of Dortmund, Ac/Inter Milan, Sevilla, etc. when the player wasn't a surplus to requirement?

We're always restricted to the likes of Leverkusen, Real Betis etc.

The finishing ability is also major criteria for a Conte WB IMO. Since Conte's first game against Everton, Emerson and Reguilon (and Sess) have had boatloads of chances which they squandered by not even getting a shot on target, from an unmarked position inside the box.

In fact, we drew that game with Regui and Emerson each missing one decent chance.

It's what set Doherty apart when he finally clicked. We need Doherty 2.0.

Definitely. There are other priorities but we shouldn't be only signing 2-3 players this window .. and I think Conte would like 2 left sided centre backs in the squad for the start of the next season, especially when we're in Europe.

In order of priority: RWB, CM, LWB, LCB, versatile attacker.
Personally think we don't need another LWB unless Reguilon is going back to Real, happy to keep developing those two and spend bigger elsewhere. Agree with the rest of the order though.

Spurs linked Idrissa Guye was removed from the PSG squad against Montpellier this weekend because he refused to take part in a anti homophobia campaign.

I retract my claim that we should sign him.

- Backup keeper, who gives a fuck about this one though.

- Another centre half, preferably an option to play on the left. Two if Sanchez goes.

- Some sort of creative playmaker, ideally able to play higher rather than deeper.

- Attack minded centre midfield "runner" in the eg. Barella/Savic mould.

(With the two above purchases, means we can go with a midfield three/3-5-2 at times in various permutations).

- Proper centre forward option to understudy/rotate with Kane.

- And lets not delude ourselves, still need two quality upgrades in the wide areas. People who can do something against packed defences either via a) being able to beat a man or b) expert delivery into the box.

Also would throw in as a bonus..... I saw Moura is apparently going to see out the last year of his contract, but ideally an attacking/wide option to take his place in the pecking order.

Back
Top Bottom