Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
He's already on more than they could possibly pay him.

..............Surely EVERYONE understands the wage problem by now?

So what, just give up? Why not think a bit more creatively? What's wrong with at least accepting the 10 mill offer, who knows it may wake up a few other clubs that he might be interested in even if it's a lower wage. We have to try everything to get this tramp out of the door

Tottenham are rubbish. They never spend £100 million on a star player like the top teams do.

In fact I'm going to sack off the Premier League this season. Saudi Arabia is where it's at.

Ive decided to support Al. They're buying the best players it seems.

My arse Chelsea's is only £53.6m, if it was £536m I'd be skeptical.
They've sold 200M quids worth his year. Add that to some creative accounting to amortise the net spend over the next 100 years and you end up with that number.

It's neither illegal nor suspicious. If they fail to make CL this season, then the whole house comes crashing down.

#SupportWhoeverChelskiIsPlaying

He didn’t batter his GF. A random woman accused him of something on a night out. Nothing came from it. The other thing happened when he was a minor himself.

He beat up Caen academy supervisor and also revealed by investigative reporter Alex Adams that Wahi had been expelled from Caen's youth academy for allegedly pressuring secondary school students (aka underage ) to masturbate in front of him in the bathrooms, further backed up by Romain Polina another Journo... this guy seems to be a rapey groomer best to nip it / him in the bud , dont want scum like that at our club.

Tottenham are rubbish. They never spend £100 million on a star player like the top teams do.

In fact I'm going to sack off the Premier League this season. Saudi Arabia is where it's at.

Ive decided to support Al. They're buying the best players it seems.

Damn, had Leicester not relegated we ould have had to pay 100mil for Maddisson and would not lose loyal fans like yourself 🥲

vomit GIF

So what, just give up? Why not think a bit more creatively? What's wrong with at least accepting the 10 mill offer, who knows it may wake up a few other clubs that he might be interested in even if it's a lower wage. We have to try everything to get this tramp out of the door

OK...... As per your idea:

10m euro = £8.5m trf fee in.
£10m p/a x 2 wages
owed by Spurs.

So we're at -£11.5m at that point.........

How much are they gonna pledge to pay him?

Lets guess £50kpw and set 2 x years at that rate off against the above...... Roughly £5m

So we fork our £6.5m to see the back of him..... I'm not against that, but you still gotta get the lazy bum to agree to a move..... I strongly suspect he'd rather sit on his arse and get the same 200kpw wage from Spurs for the next two years for doing precisely fuck all.

Then, he can either go somewhere else and get 50kpw and a cheeky little signing on bonus..... Or just retire.

Not good sgns at present. No club should lose a top player and not bring someone in of quality quite quickly.

No defence for that.
I'd be pleasantly surprised if Levy spends any significant portion of the Kane money on a striker. He'll look around for the cheapest promising option like he always does. Still need a real cb too...

Stuff like this, the summer tournaments, the super league, Saudis - it's all moving one way. Football will not stay in a nice little regional box. Christ, one day, PL teams could even be franchises moved about on financial whims. Nothing would surprise me.
The PL will not follow the American model. Unless a new global league is formed. Even then, who would want to travel to Saudi 6-7 hours to play a game of football.

Back
Top Bottom