Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Does it even matter? Why are people so hung up by this? A successful window is one where all the positions that need to be strengthened are. We've strengthened GK, LCB, AM. We still need to strengthen the WF and CB backup. So 3 out of 4.5 (I'm counting backup as 0.5). And given that we're not short of scoring or creating chances, I would argue the WF is probably a 0.5 too. Not amazing, but not too shabby either.

Believe it or not; I'm not particularly hung up on it to start with...... Even to the point of being able to apply an arbitrary rating (not a dig)......

I've never once said "Yay; look at all the money we're spending... That makes it a great window!")........

Bottom line; unless we fix our CB depth I won't be happy.

Samuel Eto'o, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, David Villa, Mario Mandzukic, Robert Lewandowski, Sergio Aguero, Erling Haaland.

A classic goalscoring #9 is, IMO, the critical difference between Pep's system being classy but playable versus world-destroying.

I mean in theory perhaps, but in practice Kyogo was about as central to Celtic's goalscoring last year as Kane was at Spurs.
We have a long way to go before we can become world-destroying. For now what I am seeing is that we are not short of scoring and creating goal-scoring chances aplenty. So for now, I think we have the luxury of persisting with the players we have who are producing these goals and chances.

And Pep's teams were world-destroying before they got Haaland. They scored 99 goals the season before Haaland and 94 goals the season with him. And in the SF and Final of the CL last season, the stages they have been having trouble with, Haaland didn't score a single goal.

f8cc1fa7-e430-412d-8f18-758a79e10eae_text.gif

What stats does he have that people are excited by?

I rate the pace and some of the finishes but 10 goal involvements in France would be even more underwhelming.
Sonny got 1 assist and 4 goals in his first season in prem for context

8G and 3A in a poor team from Brennan Johnson in his 1st prem season ain't that bad, might not be 50m but that's the HG tax.

We need pace and some more goals, he will give us both.

Aswell as the tactical aspect of him being a right footed RWer gives us another dimension.

Hojbjerg is pretty good. Flawed, but good to play about 55% of the mins he played for us. Think United have a better season with him in the squad than without him. Same goes for us. Bentancur recovery doesn't go to plan and we're very short in midfield all of a sudden, without a good Hojbjerg replacement.

Hojbjerg is pretty good. Flawed, but good to play about 55% of the mins he played for us. Think United have a better season with him in the squad than without him. Same goes for us. Bentancur recovery doesn't go to plan and we're very short in midfield all of a sudden, without a good Hojbjerg replacement.
Yeah, it's one thing selling PEH to Atletico on a reasonable fee, an entirely different scenario selling him to United

Back
Top Bottom