Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Posts like this make me laugh...

We moan the manager isn't backed with the players he wants.

Ange chooses 2 players he wants, we moan that they're underwhelming and not good enough...
Posts like this also make me laugh….

Nobody should have any opinion on any player we sign then because it proves the manager is being backed right ?

Neither you, nor I, nor anyone know, if these are Anges first options in these areas, and the fact we’re only making moves for them with a day left of the window probably suggest to me that they weren’t.

I mean you can say it’s a lack of patience (which ignores Son, Richy and Kulu were poor last season), or you could say that objectively speaking our attacking options are below that of our rivals and competition for the top 7 places.

You make it binary, but we can agree that the team will get goals from a broader array of positions but still be concerned with our lack of top end talent in attacking areas. In close games, elite players often make the difference. We don’t have that.

Your posting style is so reductive and inflammatory. One of, if not the worst on the site.
I'm sorry you do not like my posting style. Maybe you prefer the posting style of those who go into meltdown after just 3 games. Out of which we got 7 points scoring 2 goals a game and playing some nice attacking football.

And yes, they were average last season, because they were playing in a completely different system. They'll be much better in an attacking system and, even then, no one said they're going to get 20 goals apiece. What we're saying is we don't need them to and we'll still be fine. I don't see what's so binary with that.

Scarlett to Ipswich a a great loan for him.

Ex-Spur McKenna has them playing good football and they've started this season well. I hope he can start there.
Got a couple of ex-spurs players academy in there too in Luongo and Dom Ball, obviously age groups above but will know where he's come from and can help him settle. They do have quite a few forwards in their squad though

Gallagher and Johnson are proper 2010 midtable club signings, both will be very underwhelming.

Technical players elevate the quality of the team, we have already seen that with Bissouma and Madders, I don't understand why Ange wants the club to spend almost 100m on those 2 donkeys.

I am shocked at people’s information literacy. In the context of football it’s funny to see people unable to tell the difference between a bad source and a good source, unable to see journalists have vested interests and unable to evaluate the likelihood that something is true.

But the exact same skills are needed for politics too and that’s a lot scarier. Explains why the standard of politician is so low.

Back
Top Bottom