Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't know Johnson;

Is Johnson a good addition to the squad?

Will he start games?

Is he the best available in terms of tried and tested?

Wheras I actually think Villa have done well and will still be top 7 this season if they don't totally combust

Solid depth and ready for Europe with a manager who's done it all before.

Brighton will falter. Finish outside of European places and next summer will lose the likes of Mitoma, probably Ferguson and de Zerbi will leave.
Villa getting Diaby and Zaniolo massively strengthens and already good side. They have pace,goal scorers and midfielders that are offensively very good. Defensively I think you can hurt them but that can be said about every team in the league.

Feigning interest in players outside of our means has long been a strategy that keeps fans at bay by showing ambition while exaggerating the profile of our club.

Unfortunately we've run out of useful attempts at this because we've all seen it at least 8 times before.

It can't be a coincidence that it was always spurs as the team linked to outrageously high profile players alongside utd, Woolwich, Chelsea, liverpool and city...

Most of it is just clickbait bollocks..... You literally just said so; it happens with all big name clubs.

Agree.

Love Maddison. Great player. Great signing.

Marquee signing in the premier league is 70m+ ish.

I wouldn't spend anything on Vlahovic. Chiesa is a maybe depending on his injuries.

Honestly - why does the price of the player matter? It doesn't instantly make them a good player as we have seen countless times over and over and over again.... at our club more than most.

Maddison is without any question whatsoever a marquee signing and he already has the stats in this league to prove it.

To be honest I’d say you’re pretty much right in that that is how we operate when it comes to negotiations, but the problem is that’s also what likely pisses off other clubs so much when dealing with us.

We spend so much time poising, deciding, weighing up, considering etc etc etc when we’re in talks with clubs but never actually table a formal offer, which presumably Levy thinks offers him more wriggle room to alter details of the deal and whatnot.

But it’s evidently a very flawed way of doing business as while it obviously works on some occasions, on the whole it likely backfires more often than not as the other club just say okay, fuck you lot this has gone on too long there’s no more talks, and we suffer as a result.

No we don't.

People on twitter and on football blogs use this language because they have absolutely nothing to say and need to get clicks from idiots.

dwayne johnson GIF

Here we go!!!

they are proper signings though. to be fair we paid 50m for romero who was serie A best defender. i dont think we do that if at WHL.

bissouma and maddison were shrewd signings. unreal value for money.

ndombele and gio were new stadium signings and look how theyve turned out. 100m down the drain
Agree, but Gio was not a record signing, thankfully. Romero perhaps, but 100% NDombele was our first attempt at “current world class” level signing, at £60m and 200k wages, we utterly shat the bed.

Meh. I answered the highlighted question. Who we signed them from wasn't part of the question.

Players aren't gonna sign just cos the stadium is shiny and new the blokes's broader argument was dumb.

think he made a decent point.

in terms of transfers, the club operates in almost exactly the same way.

CL can attract some more talented players but nothing attracts top talent like the chance to win trophies and the stadium objectively hasn't increased our chances of winning trophies.

Agree, but Gio was not a record signing, thankfully. Romero perhaps, but 100% NDombele was our first attempt at “current world class” level signing, at £60m and 200k wages, we utterly shat the bed.
didnt gio break the record then ndombele shortly after? gio was big money at the time for 40m or whatever he was. gio and ndom was meant to take us to the next level.

ndombele was a huge fuck up, hopefully the clubs learnt an important lesson from that one. vet the fuckers personally before signing them, its like they bought him off the back of youtube. they clearly didnt look into his personality and work ethic

Back
Top Bottom