Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Agree.

Honestly don’t really care what Mount does because he’s not coming here in a million years.

Maybe UtD are in the shadows for Maddison if Mount falls through. Personally ok with me if they paid the 50-60m that Leicester want.
Mount and Maddison are different, Maddison and Bruno are too similar, they basically need to upgrade on Eriksen/Fred.

Mount is more of an 8 than a 10 IMO. Gets overhated because he’s perceived to be in direct competition with the likes of Maddison and Grealish.

I like his energy and versatility (and that’s why coaches LOVE him) but he’s not a consistent creator.

The hype is building perfectly for Tapsoba to be this window’s Bastoni/Skriniar/Dybala/Lautaro Martínez type.

There will be some completely valid, fully understandable reason why it can’t happen.

Pattern is way too familiar with ENIC windows. Maddison is the big “ambition” that can happen like Richarlison last summer. There is always one public one that flops.

The hype is building perfectly for Tapsoba to be this window’s Bastoni/Skriniar/Dybala/Lautaro Martínez type.

There will be some completely valid, fully understandable reason why it can’t happen.

Pattern is way too familiar with ENIC windows. Maddison is the big “ambition” that can happen like Richarlison last summer. There is always one public one that flops.

Sadly, I think you're right

Leverkusen will price us out of Tapsoba and we'll splash the cash on Maddison and Adarabioyo instead to help with the HG quota.

We need all three. I’d sacrifice PEH and Lo Celso still had enough fans in Spanish circles.

I agree we need all three. Well certainly Tosin and Tapsoba. I'd prefer Eze or even Olise over Maddison but it is what it is.

That'd cost us upwards of £115,000,000 on top of the money spent on our new goalkeeper as well as any other incomings like potentially Scott.

Have to get rid of Lloris, Perisic, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Ndombele etc sharpish.

I'd hate to be the bloke in the metaphorical corner shop when Levy pops down to buy a metaphorical pint of milk.

Bloke: That'll be a pound please.
DL: I'll give you 90p.
Bloke: No, a pint of milk costs a pound.
DL: And I've said I'll give you 90p.
Bloke: Sorry, it's a pound. Take it or leave it.
DL: My final offer is 85p.
Bloke: It was 90p a minute ago.
DL: And now it's 85p.
Bloke: Oh for fuck's sake, have it for 85p. There's a queue forming behind you.
DL: I'll give you 80p...
LOL
A few years ears ago in Brick Lane on a Sunday and walked past a hardware barrow.
Bloke: "How much is this padlock?"
Barrowboy:"20p."
Bloke: "I'll give you 15p."
A relative of DL?

Sadly, I think you're right

Leverkusen will price us out of Tapsoba and we'll splash the cash on Maddison and Adarabioyo instead to help with the HG quota.
There is no way we see Adarabioyo as anything other than back up, he is 3rd choice for Fulham FFS.

Fans on the Fulham forums reckon Adarabioyo will go for between 15 and 25mil, so we could well end up with him and Vicario for the same price Brentford want for Raya, which would be great business.

I'd hate to be the bloke in the metaphorical corner shop when Levy pops down to buy a metaphorical pint of milk.

He should have gone to Tesco Metaphorical - it's only 90p to start with (assuming it was semi-skimmed).

Bloke gives him a spoiled milk.
DL walks away happy.

There is no way we see Adarabioyo as anything other than back up, he is 3rd choice for Fulham FFS.

Fans on the Fulham forums reckon Adarabioyo will go for between 15 and 25mil, so we could well end up with him and Vicario for the same price Brentford want for Raya, which would be great business.

Did I say he would start?

We need all three. I’d sacrifice PEH and Lo Celso still had enough fans in Spanish circles.
We definitely need 2 new CBs and really 2 that are pushing to start.

Can just see this Tapsoba transfer has all the hallmarks building perfectly:

Public #1 target
Expensive
Highest priority position in the squad

Like the marketing link of the summer. He’s the one they’d like the fans to think they can get.

Ok you won't get any of them, pls try Primark or even pound stretcher or try unknowns and forget top 4 or even top 6.

Danny Rose was so right, need to google Spurs signings. That's what we've been doing recently.

Then we move on. That's how football works.

If you have to google the likes of Kulusevski, Richarlison, Bissouma, Perisic and Forster, that's on you.

There’s no wild reason, Leverkusen don’t sell cheap, apparently Woolwich wanted him but got quoted £60m so moved on to Timber. Are we gonna pay big bucks for him?

Back
Top Bottom