Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shit thread title. I already have questions that should be answered in there...like when does it slam shut?

I wouldn't want to miss the excitement. Yesterday was almost too much to cope with.

Adding depth to fullback would be really good. I always thought our fullback depth of Rose, Davies, Walker and Trippier was massive for us in the 16/17 season. Having a young and hungry player who believes he can challenge Udogie would be the way to go.

Apart from that a Kvaratsheklia level attacker is really all this team is missing I in attack I feel, really not that far away from challenging for big trophies under this manager.

Lets Go GIF by The Roku Channel
2 out of 10 window, what's the cheap bald cunt doing?!!!!

I think that there are going to be a lot of meltdowns later in this thread.
Compared to the last couple of windows, I think that summer is going to be relatively slow.
I hope we’ve identified the players that we want and get them in early in summer.
However, that might mean a hundred pages or more of absolute dead air.
‘JuSt BuY sOmEoNe BaLdY’.

The obvious need is up front and overall squad strength ( e.g. a third keeper to replace Austin, a 4th or 5th CB). If Werner has a good second half and is made permanent then that will take away the need for a winger. I’d like to see succession planning for Sonny. If some of the young players (Devine etc. ) are ready to step up then there will be even fewer incoming.

Definitely a window where we won't go beyond 3 or 4 signings. This summer will mainly be about outgoings, there's still the following 9 players who I believe won't be apart of Ange's long term project here:

- Giovani Lo Celso, Bryan Gil, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Ryan Sessegnon, Tanguy Ndombele, Sergio Reguilón, Japhet Tanganga, Joe Rodon, Djed Spence

Regarding incomings, at this moment in time, I believe we would need:

- Definitely 1 or even 2 wingers who are starting XI quality
- Udogie backup (although I think Davies/Emerson can hold us over for another year)
- maybe another CM or DM provided all of those midfielders I listed leave the club (although we just signed Bergvall)

I'm not expecting too much in terms of quantity. I'll return to this in August!

Keeper has to be sorted and I wish our academy could produce even a half decent professional to help our club trained metrics. Sadly, no dice so far.

In B4 Orstein says "Spurs have no money and must sell to buy" and the usual suspects get massively triggered.

Back
Top Bottom