Super Pav no more

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ECl64VT2nQ[/youtube]

Luff the Pav.

I think this is the point where I throw in all of the clichés about him being a confidence player who'd fly if he had a manager willing to put his arm around him instead of a fucktard like Redknapp seemingly intent on ruining him and a set of fans who loved him. But I really think he'd be great for the right team, sadly it doesn't look like we are that team.

Pav is too much like Bent in that he needs all the work done for him; that's fine if he's your best player, but not for us. Getting games in the smaller fixtures might annoy him, but if he wants first team action then (and this applies to Gio too) he should be making the effort to earn it. Trotting around in a 5 yard square isn't going to convince Harry to play him in the big games.

I reckon he's popular simply because he has a funny face. Things like getting his daughter to sing Super Pav are endearing, but don't change anything. Freund may have been limited but he never gave up. Pav has the air of a man who is getting paid either way so couldn't give a fuck.

When all is said and done Pav "who is not so super" needs to man the fuck up and get his head out of his arse and take/or at the very least "try" to take his chance when it's given to him.

Remember when we were after Arshavin? It was weird how we got Pav, as if we couldn't get the one we wanted at the time so we got the other one. We done better out the two of them, but whose career in England has nosedived worse? I'd say Arshavin's as Pav became a cult hero at Tottenham and gained a lot of respect from those outside the club. A chav told me just the other day Pav would be great if he played every week.

Maybe Pav's rep benefits from not playing enough :biggrin: Arshavin plays, and everyone says he's shit.

A scummer friend of mine once told me Arshavin is a better version of Modric. How I laughed, but he really believed it at the time.

Pav is such a mystery. He shows flashes of sheer brilliance (Birmingham goals, his goal against Chelsea at home etc.) but as a previous poster said, he needs a lot of the work done for him. Sadly he's never felt it appropriate to up his work rate . When he's not interested, he REALLY isn't interested.

I heard on the radio that he was shockingly bad against Stoke. And it doesn't surprise me. It's a shame because for all his decent ability he's never been able (or bothered) to work at being better than a two good games/eight shit games player.

Still, he's one of those very affable Tottenham players. Pavlyuchenko - what a name :laugh:

He will be out either in Jan or the end of the season. I'm hoping he goes on another one of his purple patches because he can be a very decent player when he's hot.

A big part of his struggle for me is that he hasn't built up a good understanding with any strike partner, this is starting to bite him in the arse. We generally play 4-4-2 and the fact that Pav hasn't built up a rapport hasn't helped his cause, certainly hasn't helped Kane do well in the games he's featured in either.

Defoe previously suffered from this but now him and Adebayor are doing well it should help him this season.

Drunk Dizz said:
I think that might have a lot to do with the fact that he probably still hasn't learned English (despite being here since 2008!) :huh:
Well, when you are massively rich it's easier to live in London speaking only Russian than it is to learn English.

All about motivation, I suppose.
I mean, it is kind of part of his job to learn the team's language, but when I see all the people in this city who only speak English and can't even order in restaurants in the local lingo, I can see how it happens that you don't.

Tevez doesn't speak a word of English either.

Its Pav's decision-making that annoys the crap out of me. He has talent, but he is too willing to shoot from some impossible distances. Most of his goals seem to come from running into the box to get on the end of a cross/pass and he does that well. Yet too often his tiny mind wanders, and he strays too deep , collects the ball, advances a couple steps and shoots from 35 yards all the bloody time.

Will going public and saying 'get your arse in gear' help?

Probably not, seeing as he'll only a get a few minutes here or there..

I'd imagine Harry was asked the question, not much more he can say tbh. I'm far from a defender of Harry but he's only saying what every fan is thinking. He's probably already told Pav that he needs to buck up his ideas. He's been absolutely fucking shit so far this season and doesn't deserve to start, Spurs aren't a charity. Defoe and Adebayor have been doing the business so Pav should either play up and wait his turn or GTFO.

Back
Top Bottom