Supporting Tottenham in the 60s.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Carrying on with the roasted peanuts;
When my dad used to take me in the early 70's - we would tend to stand right at the front of the shelf, so my view would be unimpeded. At half time when the people down below were walking along with their cups of tea, I would throw a peanut down and try to land it in their tea......and then quickly duck down. Got the occasional clump from my dad for that.

Ha ha.... the peanut man... I forgot about him - I wonder if he made a comeback could he get a living ?

Well nuts are good for you protein and all that...... :thumbup:
But if I donned a white cap and overalls would I get any value outside serving up monkey nuts. I know Danny boy would never let me in the new gaff crying “pea nuts peanuts” up and down the isles . :walkercry:

Was at WHL one week, Highbury the next.

I hear that happened all the time in the 1960’s and before. Being south of the Thames it was Charlton, Millwall and C Palace that went to watch whoever was playing at home I heard it from; most of that generation have passed on but I remember them telling me that “they never understood violent rivalry”.

I’m not surprised the same was true Spurs @rsenal - it was probably the same all over the country!
but went Pete Tong early 1970’s.

On 20 Sept 1961 it was Spurs 8 Gornik 1, first euro game at WHL after 2-4 defeat in Poland. Went on to beat Feyenoord and Dukla before going out v. Benfica in the semi.

Ha ha.... the peanut man... I forgot about him - I wonder if he made a comeback could he get a living ?
Not with all the nut allergies around he wouldn't... he'd have to sell summit else!

"QUINOA, QUINOA... GETCHA QUINOA....
WASABI PEAS, WASABI PEAS...
PAAND-A-BOWL...
CHICKPEAS.... ROASTED CHICKPEAS... GERRUM WHILE THEY'RE 'OT!"

Modern football is broken!!

Wasabi and Chick peas has a certain ring to it but I reckon Wimbledon and the tennis lot would be more inclined to dabble; but then there are those in the good seats :roseunsure:

On 20 Sept 1961 it was Spurs 8 Gornik 1, first euro game at WHL after 2-4 defeat in Poland. Went on to beat Feyenoord and Dukla before going out v. Benfica in the semi.

Didn’t we beat Rangers on the way?

My dad always had a soft for the Gers after that game.They brought a good few down(no surprise there),and them and the spurs fans got on really well.That was his experience anyway.

I was at the ‘friendly ‘ in 1986 when their fans packed the Park Lane

1-1 with Clive Allen getting the equaliser

Lots of trouble during the game and afterwards

Apparently they brought over 8000 down

If/ did we go through a spell of self doubt during the 60s? Bill Nick was charge for the hole decade couldn’t have been a bed of roses all the time? But could you imagine just having to wait for the paper the next day to get news!! Then maybe not a bad thing that.

Back
Top Bottom