Talking About Ignoring

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you have someone on ignore, just ignore them.

You dont need to tell the whole forum you have them on ignore several times a week.

Also, you dont need to justify responding to them by pretending "you just clicked ignored content by mistake and stumbled across their post"
Just ignore them

If you have queries about the ignore function, dont take the transfer thread off topic to discuss your neediness for everyone to know you have someone on ignore.

If its that big a deal, you really dont need to start another thread because the other one was started by your enemy.

You dont need a button to ignore someone. Just dont read their post, and you can still follow the thread.

Sigh

I want to ignore everyone and just see my own posts all over the forum. Then I can start arguments with myself and cunt myself off.

Nah wait that's a shit idea.

Fuck off is it.

Fuck off you cunt.

Who are you?

Never you mind, cunt!

Call me a cunt again, you fuckin' cunty cunt.

Cunt.

Right, come here you twatty cunt...

I can see this is gonna get tasty.

STAND BACK, LADS.

The ignore button is great. But I imagine if you're ignoring more than one or two posters the forum gets a bit jumbled.

Also annoying when that person starts a significant thread. But not much you can do about that

I just don't really understand the need for the ignore button. If you really want to ignore somebody, just do it, there's really no need to have an automated system do it for you. Do people really have that sensitive of feelings or little restraint that they can't even see a person's presence in a forum?

I just don't really understand the need for the ignore button. If you really want to ignore somebody, just do it, there's really no need to have an automated system do it for you. Do people really have that sensitive of feelings or little restraint that they can't even see a person's presence in a forum?
I have very little self-restraint, so the 'Ignore' button is a godsend.

Occasionally I release my prisoners from their incarceration, but they normally re-offend quite quickly and have to go back on ignore.

Last edited:
Admin Admin

Is there a way to block certain posters? One poster insists on disagreeing with many of my posts, without context or explanation. I've ignored the user, but would like to force them to ignore my posts. There's literally no reason for the disagrees, and when I tried to engage and ask why, it only escalated the childish behavior.

Admin Admin

Is there a way to block certain posters? One poster insists on disagreeing with many of my posts, without context or explanation. I've ignored the user, but would like to force them to ignore my posts. There's literally no reason for the disagrees, and when I tried to engage and ask why, it only escalated the childish behavior.
No, there's not a "block" option.

Do you get a notification when they disagree with your posts? Even though you have them on ignore?

No, there's not a "block" option.

Do you get a notification when they disagree with your posts? Even though you have them on ignore?
Thanks for the prompt response. I don't, but if someone else reacts, i get a notification for that, then go to the post and I see it.

Really not a big deal. i'll just continue to ignore them and hope they grow up. Cheers

Thanks for the prompt response. I don't, but if someone else reacts, i get a notification for that, then go to the post and I see it.

Really not a big deal. i'll just continue to ignore them and hope they grow up. Cheers
How about you growing up and not go whining to admin If it’s no big deal?

You’re very fond of slipping in the odd disagree without any sort of explanation yourself

Therefore if you can’t take it don’t give it!

Back
Top Bottom