Team of the last Decade

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, ALL DAY LONG!

Loathed to go down the stat route but.......................

Bale 203 games 55 goals 25 asissts
Dele 193 games 55 goals 40 asissts

Bale was an era when he was "the main man" just give it to him. Imagine though having a precocious 19 year old kid (now 23yrs old )outscore and out assist the player that was fed by the entire team to be the main attacking threat!!! A solo artist, who didn't want to train with the team, did solo laps around the pitch at the end of the game. It's no surprise that we as a team played better when we sold Bale when players like Dele and Kane played in a coherent fashion and moved the team on to new heights. It's a team sport and individual players make up that team, Dele (along with others) had a bigger impact on our improvement in the team than Bale, the evidence is there and is unrefutable too.

When you pick players you pick them with the aim of making the team perform better.
Bale has 2 PFA and made it to UEFA XI in 2011.

There are levels to this.

Yes, ALL DAY LONG!

Loathed to go down the stat route but.......................

Bale 203 games 55 goals 25 asissts
Dele 193 games 55 goals 40 asissts

Bale was an era when he was "the main man" just give it to him. Imagine though having a precocious 19 year old kid (now 23yrs old )outscore and out assist the player that was fed by the entire team to be the main attacking threat!!! A solo artist, who didn't want to train with the team, did solo laps around the pitch at the end of the game. It's no surprise that we as a team played better when we sold Bale when players like Dele and Kane played in a coherent fashion and moved the team on to new heights. It's a team sport and individual players make up that team, Dele (along with others) had a bigger impact on our improvement in the team than Bale, the evidence is there and is unrefutable too.

When you pick players you pick them with the aim of making the team perform better.

Bale started his career out as a freakin left back and out and out winger. He really wasn’t a big goal scorer until 2010-11, once he developed a finish he was unplayable. The season AVB moved him central/primarily on the right, he was unstoppable, and he nearly dragged us to the CL. He nearly made AVB look like a good manager. Dele, a player I love, has never been able to carry a team like Bale could, and Bale had by far the best season between the two.

Bale started his career out as a freakin left back and out and out winger. He really wasn’t a big goal scorer until 2010-11, once he developed a finish he was unplayable. The season AVB moved him central/primarily on the right, he was unstoppable, and he nearly dragged us to the CL. He nearly made AVB look like a good manager. Dele, a player I love, has never been able to carry a team like Bale could, and Bale had by far the best season between the two.
I don't doubt Bales ability, just that my selection I'd go for a player that plays for the team rather than playing for himself and on that basis, I would select Dele ahead of Bale all day long.

Bale and Dele comparison is beyond ludicrous. Bale was at one point considered among top 3 in the world.
Calm your tits down fella, it's only a hypothetical selection, it's not real life. Do you spend hours of your life doing online polls on Messi vs Ronaldo?

It's just a personal selection preference, I'd never select a player that didn't want to train with the team, no matter who the fuck they are.

Calm your tits down fella, it's only a hypothetical selection, it's not real life. Do you spend hours of your life doing online polls on Messi vs Ronaldo?

It's just a personal selection preference, I'd never select a player that didn't want to train with the team, no matter who the fuck they are.
Michael Dawson also gave everything to this club to the best of his ability. Would you put him ahead of a contract rebel in Aldeweireld?

Michael Dawson also gave everything to this club to the best of his ability. Would you put him ahead of a contract rebel in Aldeweireld?
Er no Dawson was shit.

I've already stated that the team they've gone with is what I would go with, with the exception of Bale. It has to also be one of the easiest teams to compile for most of us, bar one or two personal favourites the team selects its self.

As I say calm your tits down, it's not real, it's hypothetical, it's just a bit of fun.

Er no Dawson was shit.

I've already stated that the team they've gone with is what I would go with, with the exception of Bale. It has to also be one of the easiest teams to compile for most of us, bar one or two personal favourites the team selects its self.

As I say calm your tits down, it's not real, it's hypothetical, it's just a bit of fun.
Fair enough

Ok hypothetically I think Trippier is better than Lahm

fucking hell. bale would be in the conversation if the title was "Team of the last 100 years".

not including him here is madness, and probably due to some personal feelings about the way he left.

Back
Top Bottom