Team Of The Season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's a muppet, but one who things he's some sort of footballing intellectual. He's not.

Puts Alexander-Arnold in as a midfielder, and then calls him a defender all through his article:

"Alexander-Arnold: His defending in the FA Cup final against Chelsea was the best I've seen from the 23-year-old full-back. I mention it only because it's the one aspect of his game considered a little suspect.

However, anyone who knows anything about Liverpool will tell you that when they have full-backs who can play, they win things. Chris Lawler, Alec Lindsay, Phil Neal, Steve Nicol - none of them were great defenders, but they loved to surge forward and get involved.

Trent Alexander-Arnold plays in that true Liverpool tradition, where full-backs fly forward and get among the action. He has a remarkable 19 assists in all competitions this season, and he could top 20 by the time the Champions League final comes to an end."

The same is true for Cancelo - he's a full back.

I probably take Kane over Mane.
Maybe Thiago over Eriksen too.

Puts Alexander-Arnold in as a midfielder, and then calls him a defender all through his article:

The same is true for Cancelo - he's a full back.

I mean he’s playing 343 with wing backs, you could argue Cancelo and Alexander-Arnold would be even better as wingbacks as their main strength is going forward. I don’t think there is any issue with where he put the players.

I’m surprised Eriksen made the team, but you can’t deny he has been very good for Brentford. Overall not a bad team.

Romero for Rudiger and we're talking...
(Romero - as far as I can recall - never played an unfounded racism card on opposition fans...)

Romero is pure class...
Rudiger is a deaf, blaming scum cunt!

I’m surprised Eriksen made the team, but you can’t deny he has been very good for Brentford. Overall not a bad team.
I think there's a romantic vote there that surpasses any footballing achievement!
The fact he even took to a Football pitch again earns him automatic inclusion IMHO! (unless he'd absolutely stunk the place out all season... which he would simply be incapable pf doing!

Had it been Sakha or Mason Mount instead, there woulda been OUTRAGE!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom