TFC 2019 Age Census

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My age is.....

• Under 25

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • 25 - 39

Votes: 84 46.4%
  • 40 - 54

Votes: 59 32.6%
  • 55 - 65

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Over 65

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 100 +

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Big 5-0 next year. My back feels it, the rest of me is in an excess induced coma and thus blissfully unaware of its real age.
Doctor Borodin advises.....
I have spent the best part of thirty years (and a small fortune on chiropractors and physiotherapists) being treated for three diagnosed herniated discs, only to discover earlier this year that I have non malignant but inoperable tarlov cysts on the base of my spinal column putting extremely painful pressure on the nerves. No other back problems at all....Grrrrrr !!
I strongly recommend anyone suffering painful back symptoms to insist on having an MRI scan of that area as apparently my condition is regularly misdiagnosed as the well known 'slipped disc'.

On that happy note I shall take this opportunity to say I sincerely hope you enjoy the last months of your 40's and embrace your 50's with welcoming arms. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I have spent the best part of thirty years (and a small fortune on chiropractors and physiotherapists) being treated for three diagnosed herniated discs, only to discover earlier this year that I have non malignant but inoperable tarlov cysts on the base of my spinal column putting extremely painful pressure on the nerves. No other back problems at all....Grrrrrr !!
I strongly recommend anyone suffering painful back symptoms to insist on having an MRI scan of that area as apparently my condition is regularly misdiagnosed as the well known 'slipped disc'.

On that happy note I shall take this opportunity to say I sincerely hope you enjoy the last months of your 40's and embrace your 50's with welcoming arms. :thumbup:

Oh, mine definitely came from a slipped disc. Heard and felt it pop out and pop back again. Excruciating. Crawled on the floor for a bit before the whistling in my ears got my attention. Had a sip of water which brought me around and spent the next 3 weeks on my back. Couldn't even sit down the pain was too bad. Still playing me up now 2 years later.

Oh, mine definitely came from a slipped disc. Heard and felt it pop out and pop back again. Excruciating. Crawled on the floor for a bit before the whistling in my ears got my attention. Had a sip of water which brought me around and spent the next 3 weeks on my back. Couldn't even sit down the pain was too bad. Still playing me up now 2 years later.
I had to reply because there is no real response icon to that (couldn't press 'like' could I ??). Sorry to hear that my friend. It's a question of learning what not to do to aggravate the beast. Unfortunately for me I was doing exercises that simply exacerbated (always wanted a chance to use that word) the problem.
Last year I bought a Meuller Back Support for whenever I am working in the garden / shed lifting heavy items. I can honestly say it has been a Godsend and I have even worn it for a few hours at night in order to get some rest. I can thoroughly recommend one.......Here's a link :
Amazon product ASIN B000F5WBEIWell worth the money :thumbup:

I had to reply because there is no real response icon to that (couldn't press 'like' could I ??). Sorry to hear that my friend. It's a question of learning what not to do to aggravate the beast. Unfortunately for me I was doing exercises that simply exacerbated (always wanted a chance to use that word) the problem.
Last year I bought a Meuller Back Support for whenever I am working in the garden / shed lifting heavy items. I can honestly say it has been a Godsend and I have even worn it for a few hours at night in order to get some rest. I can thoroughly recommend one.......Here's a link :
Amazon product ASIN B000F5WBEIWell worth the money :thumbup:

Yeah, sleeping is a problem for me at the moment. Up from about 1.30 till 5 last night. I'll have a look at that, cheers.

Trust me on this one, forty is the new thirty. I remember feeling ancient on my fortieth and unbelievably (well to me anyway) that was 24 years ago. I look in the mirror now and I all I see is my Father 😎.
Look on it as a milestone and not a mill stone... then you'll be fine :thumbup:
You and I are almost exactly the same age with the same experiences. I also see my father in the mirror each morning. Not a pretty sight!

That's a fairly rare condition. Have you tried non surgical procedures such as aspiration? They can be dealt with so fight on.

Surgery is really the only feasible answer.

That's a fairly rare condition. Have you tried non surgical procedures such as aspiration? They can be dealt with so fight on.
Apparently it's rarity is compounded by the fact it is often misdiagnosed and missed, no-one truly knows how many cases are out there. An operation is rarely successful and extremely risky due to the area being treated. It involves injecting a glue into the cyst but invariably it refills with spinal fluid after just a few months. Results are most disappointing statistically.

I unknowingly made my condition worse with all the manual labour I did renovating our property when we moved. It's imperative they do not grow any bigger. They already affect the nerves in my legs, feet and abdomen causing tingling and burning sensations. I just have to take it easy and wear my back brace when doing light work.

I'm just glad I finally know what was really causing the symptoms and that it was nothing more sinister.

Okay let's shut Doctor Borodin's back clinic and get back to the subject of learning to grow older with grace and dignity :roflmao: :roflmao: or maybe not ;)
:coys:

Back
Top Bottom