The Cost of Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it's an old topic that's brought up quite regularly, but every time I see these articles I become very very angry and want to kill people.

While some of the "Against Modern Football" annoys me (the whole ACAB stuff) but when it comes to the cost of the game they are spot on. I'm being priced out of going to games and I find it really frustrating.

I love this article...gooners getting screwed into the ground, what's not to like?
Wenger%20Helicopter.gif

Would love to see the average cost of a Bundesliga match in comparison.

From the beeb:

Prices at German champions Borussia Dortmund:

Adult ticket (purchased on day): Cheapest: £12.30 Most expensive: £40.18
Season ticket (adult) - cheapest:£150.27; most expensive: £819.67 (includes three Champions League group games)

Bratwurst: £2.01
Beer: £3.62
Programme: £1.61

*all prices converted from euros

I'm finding myself priced out now. Was managing 10-15 games a season but since buying a flat im finding it more difficult. It would be so much easier to just not be into football. I'm not saying I'm against modern football, just against English football really hah.

Proper football fans, the true supporters, will go to all the games regardless of how much it costs. Even if they don't eat, wash, buy clothes (apart from replica strips of course) or have any central heating on in the winter so they can afford to buy tickets to watch the club they love.

If you put anything before your football club then you're not a real supporter.

:baletroll:

Back
Top Bottom