The emergence of the modern "against modern football movement"

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So the Trust tonight are claiming a victory. In conjunction with revive the lane have produced a 20m banner that the club will allow to be hung in the park lane end.

GREAT! I hear you say....but is it?

Banners / flags have always been around but never a big thing in the ground. We have never relied on flags, pyro etc to produce an atmosphere.

It has been several groups of lads or factions who like to dress well, get fucked and enjoying a Saturday with their fellow man. My opinions on why the atmosphere has died will earn me a stint in the bin so I wont share it.

To me nothing indicates the death of old spurs....and Spursyness than this new incarnation of the trust....and this banner....it's more scum than spurs.

If it works then fine....but it won't be the death of modern football......it will be modern spurs.

Hope you like it.

@ Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante genuinely interested to know why you think the atmosphere is shit now? Unless you blame it on the immigrants I doubt you'll go in the bin
The atmosphere is (getting) shit because of all the restrictions being imposed on the paying fans.
A few (club organised) banners wont solve the problem. Spontaneous support will.
It's unfortunate, but true, that most attempts at organising Flags, banners, singing, standing events are organised not by the club, but by the fans in the pubs, clubs, planes trains and autos on the way to games. The best show of support is normally the spontaneous sort.

Hope you don't get binned mate because I agree the banners reek of double standards.

Sat in park lane tonight for 20 minutes we could stand no problem. Then all of a sudden they come in telling everyone to sit. S40 was itching to chuck someone out.

I asked if it was UEFA policy to make everyone sit and it's not, apparently. It's club policy. Why would they want to kill the atmosphere like that but let banners in?

#confused

:avbcringe:

Hope you don't get binned mate because I agree the banners reek of double standards.

Sat in park lane tonight for 20 minutes we could stand no problem. Then all of a sudden they come in telling everyone to sit. S40 was itching to chuck someone out.

I asked if it was UEFA policy to make everyone sit and it's not, apparently. It's club policy. Why would they want to kill the atmosphere like that but let banners in?

#confused

Last night I decided to move down a few rows to an unoccupied seat in block 32 for the last 10 minutes to be closer to the exit and out of interest to see what a different view would be like.

From that seat right at the end of what I think was row 9 or 10 my view of the goal mouth and the far corner of the pitch was completely obstructed by a fucking steward stood in the gangway. Basically there was no physical way of seeing a goal at that end without him either moving from his post (not allowed) or me standing up (also bot strictly allowed) If I stand up then the people behind me have to and so on. So really its all te stewards fault that we have to stand at games :)

#confused

It's not the club, UEFA, the FA, the Premier League or any of them. It's the council and their "Elf and Safety" licencing laws. Stewards have to do as they're told. I never have a pop at a steward cos their only doing their job. Apart from the big Greek looking fella in the Park Lane who is cunty of the highest order.

So the Trust tonight are claiming a victory. In conjunction with revive the lane have produced a 20m banner that the club will allow to be hung in the park lane end.

GREAT! I hear you say....but is it?

Banners / flags have always been around but never a big thing in the ground. We have never relied on flags, pyro etc to produce an atmosphere.

It has been several groups of lads or factions who like to dress well, get fucked and enjoying a Saturday with their fellow man. My opinions on why the atmosphere has died will earn me a stint in the bin so I wont share it.

To me nothing indicates the death of old spurs....and Spursyness than this new incarnation of the trust....and this banner....it's more scum than spurs.

If it works then fine....but it won't be the death of modern football......it will be modern spurs.

Hope you like it.

Share it, share it, share it................................... unless it is something to do with Blue Waffle. Then keep it to yourself.

The European 'ultra' style of support seems to be gaining in popularity. Even in places like Holland they seem to be abandoning the old English style and taking on an ultra style. I've got nothing against it, and I think it's very, very impressive when foreign teams with a history of this support do it well. However, the attempts of English teams to replicate this are (a) cringey as fuck and (b) not in line with our unique culture, which was once regarded as one of the best in the world. What we do best is no organisation, no banners and spontaneous, witty banter/singing. Of course the atmosphere is not what it used to be by a long stretch, but I'd rather try to get back to what we had than trying in vain to replace it with something else (and failing).

Sorry but to me that was just too manufactured, we slate woolwich and the kings road cunts for the shite banners

Give me a bed sheet daubed with paint where the last few letters are squeezed on over that any day.

The atmosphere is (getting) shit because of all the restrictions being imposed on the paying fans.
A few (club organised) banners wont solve the problem. Spontaneous support will.
It's unfortunate, but true, that most attempts at organising Flags, banners, singing, standing events are organised not by the club, but by the fans in the pubs, clubs, planes trains and autos on the way to games. The best show of support is normally the spontaneous sort.

'tis why I have to 'secrete' any ticker tape I want to take in about my person... last time I openly went in with a carrier bag of it, they took it off me!
I realise it doesn't guarantee us a 2-goal start, or generate any LOUDER singing, but it looks alright if enough people do it, and it's only paper FFS!
I even offered to 'stay behind' and sweep it up afterwards, by the gate-security weren't having any of it!
From that day to this, it's an Evening Standard up-the-jacksy!!!

Our club, like most the others in league have acted to make their grounds safer from violence and football disasters. This has left us with these grounds up and down the country void of passion and excitement being filled by the club's ideal supporters. The working class have been priced out and along come Mr & Mrs Lillywhite each weekend with their 2.1 kids. The kids would prefer to be gaming and don't know how lucky they are while Mr & Mrs bring a picnic and tell the kids not to listen to the swearing and glare at all who dare. If we score they might allow a little cheer but don't spill the drinks and sit back down quickly. They don't sing and shout because in that part of the ground they can "avoid all that".
We are still lucky to get songs from three stands on a good day and we should be trying harder to get the West Stand and other parts of the ground to make an effort to sing during the match and getting behind the team. When the Park Lane asks the Shelf or Paxton for a song we usually get it but a wave isn't enough from the West Stand. "West Stand, West Stand, Show us you live", "Stand up till the West Stand sings, Stand up till the West Stand sings". Who knows, they might enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom