The Impact of Covid on Spurs & Football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No crowds at Sports till June. That surely fucks Euro 2020 (21). Reduced capacity into next season too I would imagine.

it’s over for many lower league clubs. I can’t see many smaller clubs surviving any longer without crowds and even the likes of ENIC must now be shitting their pants about the multi purpose stadium which is of no ducking use.

No crowds at Sports till June. That surely fucks Euro 2020 (21). Reduced capacity into next season too I would imagine.

it’s over for many lower league clubs. I can’t see many smaller clubs surviving any longer without crowds and even the likes of ENIC must now be shitting their pants about the multi purpose stadium which is of no ducking use.
Yep. Our biz case is trashed - can’t see NFL teams playing games in London anytime soon!

I actually dared to venture into the Skysports article on this and it just looks like our players will have to live at the training ground for 10 days after travelling abroad. They get to train and play games, but not see other people.

Basically playing in Europe means entering a bubble.
A moot point

The end of lockdown plan just presented by Boris seems to confirm that our stadium will never host a game in front of 62,000 ever again (assuming Covid is here to stay)
Dear God that is one of the most awful paragraphs I've read here. Definition of Spursy build a billion pound 60k stadium in an era where 1/6 capacity is mandatory.

Happily I think you wrong. I'm related to a nobel prize winning scientist and word is that transmission post vaccine is looking very very promising. Generation 2 vaccines are already being made that render the variants innert. Look at the stock and money markets the long term vibe is positive. If your an anti vaxer the bad news for you is defacto vaccine passport are a reality whether you want it or not. ( speaking generally mate not you specifically)

Have a look at the demographics of our season ticket holders more than 80% will be vaccinated within the next five months, in another six they will be getting a booster that stops total transmission. By next season we will be at 75% capacity and id put money on it. In fact I have but won't go into that.

Dear God that is one of the most awful paragraphs I've read here. Definition of Spursy build a billion pound 60k stadium in an era where 1/6 capacity is mandatory.

Happily I think you wrong. I'm related to a nobel prize winning scientist and word is that transmission post vaccine is looking very very promising. Generation 2 vaccines are already being made that render the variants innert. Look at the stock and money markets the long term vibe is positive. If your an anti vaxer the bad news for you is defacto vaccine passport are a reality whether you want it or not. ( speaking generally mate not you specifically)

Have a look at the demographics of our season ticket holders more than 80% will be vaccinated within the next five months, in another six they will be getting a booster that stops total transmission. By next season we will be at 75% capacity and id put money on it. In fact I have but won't go into that.
I too hope to God that you are correct, not least because my own business (into which I have invested my life/savings) depends entirely on mass gatherings.If the new Stadium doesn’t return to full capacity (and soon) I am finished and will have lost everything.I have not been allowed to work since March 2020 and can only hold out for a little while longer.
The bit that scared me today was the concept of testing to allow people to attend mass events-this will not only be a huge turn-off to many but will also be totally unworkable on the scale of our stadium.
But as I say I hope with every fibre of my being that you are correct and I am proven to be totally wrong.
I thought long and hard about posting this but the last 12 months have pushed me to near breaking point and I feel it important people understand that many,many people face total financial ruination.That said my thoughts and prayers remain will all those who have lost loved one to the disease.

I too hope to God that you are correct, not least because my own business (into which I have invested my life/savings) depends entirely on mass gatherings.If the new Stadium doesn’t return to full capacity (and soon) I am finished and will have lost everything.I have not been allowed to work since March 2020 and can only hold out for a little while longer.
The bit that scared me today was the concept of testing to allow people to attend mass events-this will not only be a huge turn-off to many but will also be totally unworkable on the scale of our stadium.
But as I say I hope with every fibre of my being that you are correct and I am proven to be totally wrong.
I thought long and hard about posting this but the last 12 months have pushed me to near breaking point and I feel it important people understand that many,many people face total financial ruination.That said my thoughts and prayers remain will all those who have lost loved one to the disease.
Good luck to you. I hope it all works out.

Hang tough mate there are of course no guarantees but I think.you will be okay. The transmisibillity is by some metrics 76%down on vaccinated people. I can't tell you how important that is because R rate how many person an individual hoes on to infect is what makes a pandemic. We will get localised flares ups but IF we get track and trace right they can be managed. You will be back and so will Spurs

Jesus mate.

Your post really had an effect on me.
It cuts through all the bullshit we throw at each other on here.

I wish you and yours all the best and hope you get through it OK

Back
Top Bottom