THE MIGHTY SPURS v Colchester United FC (AWAY) - 30/01 - FA Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After a tidy win against Leicester, we have been rewarded with a fourth round clash, away at Colchester.

Here are a few interesting facts about Colchester:

1. It's claimed to be the oldest town in Britain and was once the Roman Capital of Britain.
2. It has a population 121,859.
3. It's a conservative constituency.
4. The Nursery Rhyme 'Humpty Dumpty' was allegedly written in Colchester.
5. People from Colchester are called Colcestrians.
6. The popular TV presenter, Dermot O'Leary is from there.
7. The oldest Hot Cross Bun was baked in Colchester in 1869.

Here's a picture of Colchester:

pic_current_projects_colchester_59.jpg

Here's a bit of pre-match analysis.

We faced each other not too long ago. In the summer of 2013 we drew 0-0 in a pre-season friendly. Colchester United vs Spurs Match Centre - 19 Jul 2013 - tottenhamhotspur.com

Colchester's last 5 fixtures:
Scunthorpe (A) 3 - 0
Fleetwood Town (H) 1-1
Sheffield United (H) 1-2
Charlton Athletic (H) 2-1
Oldham Athletic (A) 1-1

Top Scorer: George Moncur on 10 (used to be a Wet Spam player until they released him).

_79109360_george_moncur_2.jpg

Danger man: George Elokobi. Purely because he is fucking massive and most likely has a 12 foot penis.

George_Elokobi_1.png

Where are they now? Currently 22nd in League One and in a bit of a crisis. In their last 10 league fixtures they've lost 8 and drawn 2.

What are the odds? Ladbrokes currently have us at 4/11 to win. So, yeah. Not really worth a flutter.

Where can I watch it? You can watch the game live on BT Sport at 12:45 on January 30th.

Will we win? I'd have thought so, yeah. But to quote Ellie Goulding. Anything could happen.

My first match thread ever. I feel so privileged. Thank you everyone for the opportunity. I hope that you all have a lovely week and enjoy the football. Stay safe. Cook chicken thoroughly, drive safely and make sure to look left and right a few times before you cross the road.

Last edited:
I've just received a phone call from Poch & he said that this match thread is acceptable so the game will go ahead

Congratulations Mr BHL

After a tidy win against Leicester, we have been rewarded with a fourth round clash, away at Colchester.

1. It's claimed to be the oldest town in Britain and was once the Roman Capital of Britain.

We faced each other not too long ago. In the summer of 2013 we drew 0-0 in a pre-season friendly. Colchester United vs Spurs Match Centre - 19 Jul 2013 - tottenhamhotspur.com

Scunthorpe (A) 3 - 0
Fleetwood Town (H) 1-1
Sheffield United (H) 1-2
Oldham Athletic (A) 1-1

Top Scorer: George Moncur on 10 (used to be a Wet Spam player until they released him).

Danger man: George Elokobi. Purely because he is fucking massive and most likely has a 12 foot penis.

George_Elokobi_1.png

Where are they now? Currently 22nd in League One and in a bit of a crisis. In their last 10 league fixtures they've lost 8 and drawn 2.

What are the odds? Ladbrokes currently have us at 4/11 to win. So, yeah. Not really worth a flutter.

Where can I watch it? You can watch the game live on BT Sport at 12:45 on January 30th.

Will we win? I'd have thought so, yeah. But to quote Ellie Goulding. Anything could happen.

My first match thread ever. I feel so privileged. Thank you everyone for the opportunity. I hope that you all have a lovely week and enjoy the football. Stay safe. Cook chicken thoroughly, drive safely and make sure to look left and right a few times before you cross the road.

1.surely that hot cross bun has gone mouldy by now?
2. George is a big lad, and seemingly a time traveller; look at his shorts, they're vanishing like in BTTF

I've hard that they are charging their fans ยฃ49 for tickets.. This includes the cup game and their next league game.. Crafty.... Levy isn't their chairman as we'll is he?

It will be the first time they have filled their ground, I know of one or two spurs that have tickets in the home ends, lots of spurs in Colchester.

It's a funny little ground, positioned by the a12 with an exit next to the ground, but unless you get a space in the car park there is nowhere to park nearby!

Nice match thread, like the stats and little piece on Colchester.

This gives us the perfect chance to give some of the main starting eleven a little winter break. Lloris, Jan, Toby, Dier, Alli, Eriksen, Son, Dembele and Kane could all be rested.
It'd be nice to see Onomah, Carroll, Bentaleb and Wimmer given some full match time again. They performed well against Leicester.

If Pritchard is back he'd be nice to see given a run out, as well as given Winks some match time.

Can't take Colchester lightly, could be a banana skin.

[formation=4231, Vorm, Walker, Fazio, Wimmer, Davies, Carroll, Bentaleb, Pritchard, Mason, Onomah, Lamela][/formation]

This gives us the perfect chance to give some of the main starting eleven a little winter break. Lloris, Jan, Toby, Dier, Alli, Eriksen, Son, Dembele and Kane could all be rested.
It'd be nice to see Onomah, Carroll, Bentaleb and Wimmer given some full match time again. They performed well against Leicester.

If Pritchard is back he'd be nice to see given a run out, as well as given Winks some match time.

[formation=4231, Vorm, Walker, Fazio, Wimmer, Davies, Carroll, Bentaleb, Pritchard, Mason, Onomah, Lamela][/formation]

Fazio?

It will be the first time they have filled their ground, I know of one or two spurs that have tickets in the home ends, lots of spurs in Colchester.

It's a funny little ground, positioned by the a12 with an exit next to the ground, but unless you get a space in the car park there is nowhere to park nearby!

They run a park and ride service to the ground.. You park somewhere in Colchester then ferry you to the ground via buses.

Do not think Pritchard or Mason will be fit but apart from that agree we should rest the main players. I would play Son & if still with us Townsend. Townsend has shown the right attitude playing for the under 21's and this will give him a perfect opportunity to show what he can do with the transfer deadline about to close.

Scunthorpe (A) 3 - 0
Fleetwood Town (H) 1-1
Sheffield United (H) 1-2
Oldham Athletic (A) 1-1

George_Elokobi_1.png

THOROUGH.

As we will be on Saturday, hopefully!

Born and bred in Colchester, massive supporter of Spurs! Couldn't get tickets to the match as they sold out in about 5 minutes.

Col U have let in 65 goals in League one so far. To be honest Spurs under 14s could probably beat Col U!

We (Colchester) really have been terrible this season and I expect us (Spurs) to destroy us (Colchester)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom