The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FOR SALE.
2011_land_rover_range_rover_sport_hse-pic-6112331594978226034.gif

Haha, although it was a Gold Range Rover..

how did they manage to beat Liverpool, Man City, Woolwich and Chelsea?
I only saw the goals for those games on MOTD.
but the way they played against us, I can't imagine how they manage to beat all of them.
Chelsea are out of form so I get that one.

Got their tactics wrong IMO and we played really well.

I think Bilic looked at our team after Woolwich and thought we are weak in the air so get Carroll on to knock balls to Sakho almost Allardyce style.

Problem is Woolwich where effective against us because we dropped off in the last 10-15 against them allowed them to get close to the byline and put in dangerous crosses. West Ham never broke the press enough to do any of that.

Instead their centre halfs just hoofed the ball to Carroll in the centre circle and he knocked the ball down to Vertoghen or Alderwierald and we just carried on.

By putting both Carroll and Sakho on we had basically 5 vs 4 in the middle, almost 6 vs 4 considering when in possession Walker and Rose become wingers and Dier drops back, I suspected we would win the midfield and it was easy.

Their game plan seemed to be park the bus and either counter attack or mostly hoof it. They underestimated how good we have become braking opponents down and how difficult our press can be to get out of. They would have been better IMO dropping Carroll and putting another DM in his place and try to hold out for a point.

In terms of ability our first 11 is superior, that's pretty clear. I'd take Payet from them and maybe Kouyate/Song as a back up for Dier but not much else.

Last edited:
So one of their other fans tackled this by saying this:
"Eriksen, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dembele, Lloris and possibly Kane are all far superior to anyone that was in our 11, and there are arguments to made for everyone else bar Danny Rose."

Possibly Kane.
Possibly! I fucking pissed myself at that. Do they really think Carrol is better than Kane? Seriously? Better than the guy who has scored more Premier League goals than anyone else this calendar year? Even after witnessing yesterday? Wow.
:pocheyes:
Rose walks into that side

What a bunch of scum singing Viva Lazio

Singing about pretty bubbles is a bigger crime.. What the fuck is a pretty bubble? Like, are there ugly bubbles?
Not only that but to have an actual bubble machine pissing out fairy liquid bubbles as the players walk out is about as Naff as you can get..
Bubble machines are what's used at little girl birthday parties..
I wouldn't worry too much about that viva Lazio chant anymore.. They know what the response would be..

Last edited:
Singing about pretty bubbles is a bigger crime.. What the fuck is a pretty bubble? Like, are there ugly bubbles?
Not only that but to have an actual bubble machine pissing out fairy liquid bubbles as the players walk out is about as Naff as you can get..
Bubble machines are what's used at little girl birthday parties..
I wouldn't worry too much about that viva Lazio chant anymore.. They know what the response would be..
It is quite hilarious they carry this hard lad mentality at the club and they blow fucking bubbles, tossers

Back
Top Bottom