The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Win our next 2 and I think Newcastle will then do us a favour.
Agree, that’s a tough game up there - Monday night, lights and their last home game of the season. I think the Goons will win but by no means a formality whereas we beat Burnleynajd Norwich 9/10 IMO

The next 2 games are crucial. We win against Woolwich and Burnley Sunday, Woolwich don’t play until Monday Newcastle away so we could go 4th. This could put massive pressure on Woolwich away to Newcastle Monday night. Have faith lads, this isn’t over
Us vs Goons is a 50/50 game imo. I expect us to fold and they clinch it

Regardless of what any of us thinks about the chances of Newcastle doing the business, then Everton having poor results starting today seems important. Everton needing a result on the last day will be helpful no matter what happens before then.

to be fair they would have to really thump everton last game of the season even if they do get another 4 here. if they get another 4 here they go 1 behind us, we beat them 1-0 we go 3 in front of them, they draw and we win 1-0 we go 4 in front..so last game of the season they have to beat everton like 6-0 while we only win 1-0 isn't that right?
No - I think the disagreement is about whether or not last night's point could be relevant to final positions. Airfixx has already provided a couple of perfectly reasonable scenarios whereby yesterday's point could be crucial. Unless I'm misunderstanding the point you are making of course, in which case apologies. :)

At the moment I wonder how many of us would take simply having a chance going into the last game? For example if we were offered to go into the last game 3 points behind them, knowing that we would need to win but also need Everton to beat them, would we take that right now? Tbh I probably would, given the situation we find ourselves in.

Presumably some might hope for a better scenario, and of course I do too, but I just want to have at least a glimmer of hope on the last day, and for that, pretty much everything rests on beating them on Thursday (in a game that by rights they should already have forfeited 3-0 let's not forget...)

At the moment I wonder how many of us would take simply having a chance going into the last game? For example if we were offered to go into the last game 3 points behind them, knowing that we would need to win but also need Everton to beat them, would we take that right now? Tbh I probably would, given the situation we find ourselves in.
no fuck that. our best bet is newcastle can get a point.

The Pub League has made me appreciate Europa more. Now that was a joke competition. Europa ain’t too bad.
We should’ve be turning our noses up at any competition whether it be Europa, league or FA cups we should be grateful for anything.

Yeah and of course I hope for that too - but my scenario means that we must have beaten them on Thursday, and that's surely the biggest hurdle...
if we cant beat them its all irrelevant isnt it. we have to beat them and hope they drop points. newcastle looks most likely....leeds in with a chanve here this would be truly magical

Back
Top Bottom