The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I felt like he was faking it. I wonder if he was told to fake it, to give Arteta cover for subbing a defender for a defender when 3 0 down. Saving him for the next game due to all their injuries in defence.

Where is my tin foil hat?

I think he felt it twinge, it didn't go completely. So they had to take him off, but playing a few days later is pretty risky if that was the case.

😂. You and those rubber bands 😂

Anyhow…. Probably not the first time he’s been showered with a number of cockrings
To be fair, they're perfect ammo. Can't really get into trouble for them, unlike bottles or flares etc. They're both effective (God, they annoyed Ramsdale) and funny and fun for the person launching them. If I were Levy I'd put them on the back of every seat, every game.

Everton losing is good isn't it? Means they'll be fighting on the last day if they don't get a result against Palace
I can't see Lampard having much love for Woolwich.

Also he's probably getting the sack regardless but two good results against Palace and Woolwich might just save him

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

Everton have played CP twice this season, losing 3-1 and 4-0. Even if it’s only a draw, both Leeds and Burnley will have an opportunity to jump Everton on the last day meaning they’ll be fighting for their lives against Woolwich.

Looking to hedge my bets!

Woolwich will treat this game like a cup final, Newcastle's fans will want them to give it a go but a big part of their great form a bit earlier in the season was because they were fighting relegation. That spirit hasn't really looked present vs the last few decent teams they've played.

I'm hopeful but not expectant. Think if Newcastle hold out long enough they've got a shout but Woolwich will press hard early on and if they score first could win by 2 or 3. Everton are crap but if they're fighting for their lives on the final day I actually may have more faith in them.

From a Newcastle forum - scum match thread:

- Woolwich falling apart tonight. This game is massive for them on Monday.
- Think our atmosphere will get the better of them too.
- We'll beat these.
- Woolwich will be thinking they’re coming to Newcastle, where they’ve won with ease in recent
seasons and that it’ll be a dead rubber for us. Couldn’t be any further wrong, hope we twat them Wilson and Trips back in front of a rocking SJP.

- We should be looking to beat this lot. The most ordinary Woolwich team of the PL era for me.
- Got to win this to make sure they're not in CL. They will be competing with us for potential signings particularly up top.
- They won't have to play well to win? Dunno about that like, last home game at a rocking SJP, we can turn these over.
- I don't think they're very good at all tbh. I'd be very disappointed to lose if we have both Trippier and Wilson fit to start.
-
Our home form is excellent. Even Liverpool struggled to get a result. I see no reason why Woolwich will match Liverpool.

From a Newcastle forum - scum match thread:

- Woolwich falling apart tonight. This game is massive for them on Monday.
- Think our atmosphere will get the better of them too.
- We'll beat these.
- Woolwich will be thinking they’re coming to Newcastle, where they’ve won with ease in recent
seasons and that it’ll be a dead rubber for us. Couldn’t be any further wrong, hope we twat them Wilson and Trips back in front of a rocking SJP.

- We should be looking to beat this lot. The most ordinary Woolwich team of the PL era for me.
- Got to win this to make sure they're not in CL. They will be competing with us for potential signings particularly up top.
- They won't have to play well to win? Dunno about that like, last home game at a rocking SJP, we can turn these over.
- I don't think they're very good at all tbh. I'd be very disappointed to lose if we have both Trippier and Wilson fit to start.
-
Our home form is excellent. Even Liverpool struggled to get a result. I see no reason why Woolwich will match Liverpool.
lets hope the team show up like the fans

if newcastle score first i think they win comfortably

Assuming we beat Norwich that’s 23 points from our last 10 games to finish. Yes we bottled it against Brighton but if that’s not enough then so be it. All of us would’ve taken 71 points 10 games ago.

Assuming we beat Norwich that’s 23 points from our last 10 games to finish. Yes we bottled it against Brighton but if that’s not enough then so be it. All of us would’ve taken 71 points 10 games ago.
It was a close run thing, in reality the reason it's even a question at this stage is the fortuitous run of games arse had against united, racists 1, and racists 2.

Having watched all three games, they were either not good enough for the win or the opposition had an almost historically bad game.

Better for us the last thing we want is them safe and nothing to play for.
If they beat Palace midweek they are safe , relying on Viera again
I can't see Lampard having much love for Woolwich.

Also he's probably getting the sack regardless but two good results against Palace and Woolwich might just save him

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons
a good result against Palace is all he needs , one win is enough. More chance the Toon help us I think personally

Back
Top Bottom