The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The best thing about Woolwich's capitulation is that it was all recorded by Amazon, and we'll get to see it up close with back stage passes.
:king:
So lemme get this straight:
They spent a season filming
Sunderland (who were relegated)
US (during the Mourinho season, with the club in dissaray)
...and now the Arse ... Freefall Failure & Capitulating Crap...

I'd say there's a Common denominator here... Amazon are a fucking curse!

So lemme get this straight:
They spent a season filming
Sunderland (who were relegated)
US (during the Mourinho season, with the club in dissaray)
...and now the Arse ... Freefall Failure & Capitulating Crap...

I'd say there's a Common denominator here... Amazon are a fucking curse!

At least we've got it out of the way and appear to be back on an upward curve.

Their matchday revenue is 2nd largest in the league (behind us) so still very significant. However, I don't disagree with the sentiment. Old Trafford is a dump and more importantly isn't performing to its potential with corp money. Whilst they still have the biggest Club ground in the country, they could easily fill a 90-100k venue, so without improved facilities, they are leaving a lot of money on the table. And they will not be able to address this for at least 5yrs even if they went down the easier solution of refurb the stands one by one like Liverpool (think this is the most likely thing they will do), or +10yrs if they went the whole hogg and redeveloped an entirely new stadium. (They are on a very large plot of land so wouldn't run into anything like the difficulties we did, although they do have to navigate a railway line).

The big question mark here is whether under the current economic outlook whether they have missed the boat to do anything, the cost of money, and materials are only set to continue to increase.

Of that list I rate Greenwood as the better player, I've always rated Sancho, who was a fabulous prospect at City but for whatever reason, he's been shite at Utd (who've got the excuse of having a shite manager) but more worryingly he's been shit whenever he's played for England! Maybe this is an adjustment thing, he's gone for big money to a big club at a young age, so that's a lot to recalibrate for a young lad???

But everything still has to do with how Ten Haag wants them to play and whether the players at his disposal can play his way. I think the only positive to come out of Ragnick's appointment might be his ability to have pre-marked those players out, after all this has been his blueprint in Germany. What will be interesting is to see if he's left having to compromise whilst they address the squad with the right profile of players if they can't execute in one window!

Really not sure Greenwood will be there next season with his court case, and indeed public sentiment.

I do rate Sancho, but his form for England and ManU have been very poor, so a massive turn round required, but how to achieve that I have no clue - and I have no clue why Rashford's form over last 2 years has been so poor.

Ronaldo seems to be a one man team - everything has to be provided for him or he will not score, and that seems to stifle other players. But ManU may decide they have no option other than to keep him ?

So I do wonder how they rebuild their forwards from here - and whether Rashford and Sancho can be turned back to the form expected (seems too long lived to be just confidence ?).

And I do think it could take several summer windows

I suspect those figures have been adjusted accordingly.... 2.31ppg wouldn't be possible in 1961 otherwise.

Not sure what the final column is meant to mean though.
You're right, they've been adjusted to 3PPW. But you can't compare how teams would have played then and now with the rule change. Away point was a way better result.

Really not sure Greenwood will be there next season with his court case, and indeed public sentiment.

I do rate Sancho, but his form for England and ManU have been very poor, so a massive turn round required, but how to achieve that I have no clue - and I have no clue why Rashford's form over last 2 years has been so poor.

Ronaldo seems to be a one man team - everything has to be provided for him or he will not score, and that seems to stifle other players. But ManU may decide they have no option other than to keep him ?

So I do wonder how they rebuild their forwards from here - and whether Rashford and Sancho can be turned back to the form expected (seems too long lived to be just confidence ?).

And I do think it could take several summer windows
I think Rashford is shit, one of the most overhyped players in the game. He's never bettered his performances of his breakout season (he's a nice lad but shit at football).

I suspect Ronaldo remains at the Club, like a mascot type figure. He doesn't contribute to the side off the ball in any way, so I suppose he'll be on the bench for most games if Ten Hag tries to have his team press but when desperate and chasing a game perhaps they can continue to lump up the pitch to him and hope he can do something special on his own.

Sancho probably needs closely managing, the talent is there (way better than Rashford) but perhaps it's overconfidence on his part or even the opposite where he's struggling for confidence.

Netflix should license AFTV content from January till end of this season with all the talk of "third spot/top 4/ please pukki grant us the top 4"..beats any sitcom they can license.

From supreme confidence ..to shaky confidence..to false confidence ...to despair. The transition is hilarious. Hope someone creates a mash on Utube

Not been in this thread for some considerable time. started at beginning, then it looked unlikely so stopped. Then things improved and came back in. Then it went pear shaped again and so left. Although it has looked on for a while I decided against looking at the thread in case it jinxed it again. Not sure it is good to have a thread like this anyway.

Netflix should license AFTV content from January till end of this season with all the talk of "third spot/top 4/ please pukki grant us the top 4"..beats any sitcom they can license.

From supreme confidence ..to shaky confidence..to false confidence ...to despair. The transition is hilarious. Hope someone creates a mash on Utube
If I wanted to watch a bunch of fake hard South Londoners, I’d rather watch Top Boy.

I don't think Tuchel is to blame for many, if any, of their shortcomings. He's gold dust. I wish he'd leave that club as there's no one else out there who is better that is available.

Look at it this way, you wouldn't expect him to have enjoyed his performance review had Roman remained in the Ivory Tower.

Look at it this way, you wouldn't expect him to have enjoyed his performance review had Roman remained in the Ivory Tower.

I don't think even Roman would have sacked him. Two cup finals lost on penalties to Liverpool + a CL quarter final lost narrowly to Madrid in extra time. The league performance was disappointing but I think once they fell out of the title race the focus went, they're clearly still the 3rd best team in the league IMO.

( Although I expect us to change that next season with signings + them losing Rudiger etc.)

Back
Top Bottom