The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s a double edged sword now. If we beat Burnley on Sunday then arsenals last game against Everton might mean they are safe from the drop. Essentialy Woolwich HAVE to drop points against Newcastle or we are fucked.

It’s a double edged sword now. If we beat Burnley on Sunday then arsenals last game against Everton might mean they are safe from the drop. Essentialy Woolwich HAVE to drop points against Newcastle or we are fucked.
And it is poetic that Leeds (the main threat to Everton) have matches remaining against Brighton and Brentford...

Exactly, It really comes down to whether Newcastle can take a point at least and whether we win both games.

I'd say we have a 30 percent chance of 4th

If barcodes get to HT not losing, then ASM will run riot if he gets a bit of green in front of him.
barcodes got some physical presence and I think Arteta’s little princesses get battered and KT puts a free kick i to the top corner for a last minute winner.
4 hour jog back, floods of tears, highlighting how all conspired against them.
I believe it comes to pass that we get 4th. All the season build up for his little angels to fall flat on their face at the final hurdle.
if this comes to pass I will go to church for a month.

Barcodes home form

have beaten

Palace
Leicester
Wolves

and lost 0-1 to Dippers and played a very decent game apparently

Goons lost to

Saints
Palace
Us

beat Spam (who didn't turn up)
and Chavs (who didn't either)

Draw is quite likely

Untitaerhehled.jpg

1. Newcastle had won 4 games on the trot before - inevitably - getting beaten by pool and city (pool game was at HOME and they only lost by that single goal, the big loss to city was AWAY).

2. 3 of those games were at home.

3. This is their last home game of the season.

4. Tripps and Wilson are back (added pressure re. deliveries into the box/box threat).

5. This will, likely, be scum's back line: Cedric---White----Tomiyasu---Tavares

6. Scum just been mortified by us at the lane - minds now riddled with doubt and have to travel up to toon to another fever pitch atmosphere there for toon's last home game, with fans excited about the transfer window and next season.

7. Consider: all toon need to do is NOT LOSE.

Run that equation and I'd say there's a good chance they do us a favour on Monday.

Last edited:
Untitaerhehled.jpg

1. Newcastle had won 4 games on the trot before - inevitably - getting beaten by pool and city (pool game was at HOME and they only lost by that single goal, the big loss to city was AWAY).

4. Tripps and Wilson are back (added pressure re. deliveries into the box/box threat).

6. Scum just been mortified by us at the lane - minds now riddled with doubt and have to travel up to toon and a fever pitch atmosphere there for their last home game, with fans excited about the transfer window and next season.

Run that equation and I'd say there's a good chance they do us a favour on Monday.
Evening kick off

last game of the season atmosphere. The team have avoided a nailed on relegation and ended mid table, lots of love there.

Evening kick off

last game of the season atmosphere. The team have avoided a nailed on relegation and ended mid table, lots of love there.
I just can't envision them losing.

Scum would have to be absolutely amazing (defensively, especially).

And I just can't see that.

Toon will be rampant for it and want to give their home fans a farewell win for the season.

If you're Arteta, you front it big to the team, but deep inside you are absolutely pooing it.

Shit, I didn’t realize Burnley was on 1 days rest. This is going to have a serious impact on our play. Game won’t be easy.

How’s it that the rescheduled against Woolwich sees us with just 1 days rest and Woolwich gets 3?
Mentioned on view from the lane but it comes down to the clubs accepting these fixtures in return for bucket loads of money from the tv deals.

Do agree about the woolwich game though.

We just need to win these last 2 games, that's all. What will be will be. If Woolwich win both of theirs, it is what it is, but if Woolwich do happen to drop pts either against Newcastle or Everton, and we still somehow don't get top 4 because we haven't won both of our games, that'll be much more frustrating.

180 mins left lads, lets do this, COYS!

I agreed with that graphic last night. 40% chance of top 4 sounds about right. I know everyone is buzzing after last night but they are 1 ahead. It’s there’s to lose. Everton should be safe by last game so it’s down to Newcastle. Callum Wilson will be back also. As long as Burnley are beaten which is going to be tough. Just don’t put in the performance like Brighton at home which was a early kick off also.

I just made the mistake of reading WinterWarrior WinterWarrior post from yesterday at 1pm. Scared shitless now.

Any way whatever happen I liked this from Barney Ronay in the Guardian

"And it did feel like a new frontier in some ways. Not just a first full-house London derby in the new stadium, not just a performance of bracing brutality. Both here and at Anfield last Saturday something else has shifted. Spurs – and there is no higher praise – haven’t looked like Spurs. How deep can this thing run?"
Whatever happens Levy backs him well be ok.

Untitaerhehled.jpg

6. Scum just been mortified by us at the lane - minds now riddled with doubt and have to travel up to toon to another fever pitch atmosphere there for toon's last home game, with fans excited about the transfer window and next season.

I also like the stat that Newcastles home record since Howe took over is 7-4-2 (W-D-L) with the two losses coming against City and Pool which is nothing to be ashamed of.

Howe has done an unbelievable job since he took over considering they didn’t win any of their first 14 games (first team to avoid relegation from doing so). I read that if Newcastle had the same form post Howe for the first 14 games, they’d be on 60 points so 6th place and not too far behind ourselves and Woolwich. Think about that for a moment!

Everyone has been assuming that if Everton are safe by the time they play at the Emirates, they will not turn up. But I don't know, if they come in relaxed, playing with house money, while Arse are under immense pressure to get all 3 points, things could take a surprising turn.

I still think Newcastle is our best hope, don't get me wrong....

The overrating of Newcastle continues to be laughable. I understand people are desperate but the most likely outcome is the much better team Woolwich win.

Just like us Woolwich are shit enough to lose any game but no matter how many irrelevant things you bring up it doesn’t change the fact Newcastle are crap.

Back
Top Bottom